im out...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belive me I wish I was working on it now! But the truck needs a brake job so that comes first

Ok so I put a 50 pilot in. Seemed better at first. But now I have to have the idle screw way in for it to idle and it sounds odd........

Ummm lumpy? It sounds like a cammed small block. Rough idle. Pulled the carb again and the bowl gasket ripped. Fml

Go up on the needle clip. That will lower the needle. I think it should run right then. Sorry to hear bout the bowl seal.

Ill try to use the old gasket. But I'm sure its gonna leak. Guess ill order another one. Why the rough idle? Could this be a spark issue?

Last edited:
Man, reading this thread makes me both depressed and happy! Sorry about your problems Warpig. But everyone seems so supportive for you. I love that. I've had some good questions answered too since joining a little while ago with my new Moto 4, which isn't even the same bikes you guys have here. Same engine, very different bike.

I had the pleasure of driving my buddy's Warrior 350 the other day BTW. Damn, I want one.

could be too rich pull plug and see if it's black or white that will give you an idea at least

I will pull the plug out after I put the carb back on again. I had the a/f screw at 2 turns out. I went 1.5 out and 3 out and it didnt seem to make any diff.......

Ok guys now I'm even more confused.....started looking into the spark issues some more. I was getting super weak spark. Tested the coil and it tested bad. Put a new coil on and it will spark one time when I hit the switch. One time! Wtf?

You can always take it somewhere have them find the problem and say it isn't worth it. Take quad home fix it yourself

Someone had that prob on here b4. Try a search I'm pretty sure they fixed it.

Make sure you have a good ground where the coil mounts to the frame. There is also a ground wire that gets mounted using one of the coil mounting bolts. Make sure that is clean, and apply di-electric grease to the surfaces. Also, make sure that the male and female round spade connectors for the coil wire (orange) slid together tight, and atre crimped to their respective wires well.

I did a search and the one time only spark was a cdi two separate occasions. Can u borrow a known good cdi and try it on your bike?

Back