im out...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm not sure. I think my multimeter might be messed up. I can't get any good readings. Gonna try another meter

Dont ya hate when tools go bad and screw ya! Last one that got me was a torque wrench with a clutch bolt, SNAP!

Does anyone know what the actual spark plug cap thing is suposed to read? I think that might be an issue. My book does not tell me. If I test the coil with the cap off its good but with the cap on its way to high

Blaster/raptor/warrior/banshee- remove the plug boot by unscrewing it- check the resistance of the boot by; putting one end on the screw and the other where it plugs on the sparkplug should be between 4-6K Ω, if that checks ok next- the primary resistance of ignition coil [positive lead (red) to the skinny power wire coming out of coil unplug it to test this-to generator(stator) and negative lead (black) to one of the grounding terminal on either side of the coil] should get- 1.44-1.76Ω Secondary resistance [positive lead (red) to the plug wire and neg (black) to the power wire on coil to generator(stator) again unplugged] 5.28-7.92K Ω.

My plug boot tests at 9.5 ohms. Could that be causing all this?. Also the primary numbers listed above are different than those listed in my manuel

Last edited:
Yes it can. That is a higher then normal reading. Put an automotive spark plug terminal end on that wire, and thread a terminal nut on the spark plug. I just did mine. Actually I replaced the whole ignition wire.

Ok I got a new boot that Is within spec. However. My meter when set to 200 ohms to test the primary resestance reads .3 when I put the leads together. Do I have to factor this in when taking my readings?

Nevermind. Got a good meter that reads right. Specs in my book for the coil primary are .73-.98. This one is at .5 so I'm assuming ill need a new coil.

It seems I have a wireing issue.....someome has hacked the harness where it connects from tge stator to rear harness. I did a quick repair on it and.........IT HAS SPARK!!!!!!!!! Its still a bit spotty but I think it can be fixed. So I'm gonna get a weatherpac connector and re wire that mofo. I would like to check out the wires coming out of the cover though. How do I get the cover off? Just pull the bolts?

yeah you pull the bolts on the stator cover and watch out for the oil and it will be a little tuff to pull because of the magnets on the flywheel

You'll have to pull the plastic cover that says Yamaha on it, then remove the 17mm bolt and bushing that it covers. Then you just have to remove the bolts that hold the main cover in. You can lean the quad to the right side so you dont loose oil.

Then I will have access to the entire stator? Anything I should look for since I'm in there anyway? I'm getting excited now! Maybe this old pig will run!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back