im out...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe a 91 cdi would work on it! What ya thinking ya want for it? Not even sure that's the issue yet. I'm going to take the plastics off tomorrow night and start tracing wires. Look at grounds etc. First bass club meeting is tomorrow at 2 so this things gotta get fixed soon! Can't fish and wrench at the same time! Lol

Last edited:
Ooook guys. Some progress. Got the neutral light fixed. Turns out the copper washer was to thick to make it work. Put a thinner washer in and bingo! It works. Cleaned the connections on the coil. I left the plug in the head and just used another one to test for spark. Still sparks once. I removed the plug from the head and tested again. Nice strong blue spark. .....so no spark under compression? Help....

I just tried it again with a bolt in the plug hole. Great spark with nothing in the head. As soon as I put the bolt in the plug hole no spark. ...

Only thing it can be, is that the engine turns over so much easier without a plug in it, that the extra juice normally required to turn over the engine WITH the plug in it, is being sent through the ignition system. Only thing I can think of.

On the 3 white wires coming out of the stator, they should all have 0.7~0.8 ohms resistance in all three combinations. That means imagine numbering each white wire either 1, 2, or 3. Check 1 to 2, 1 to 3 and 2 to 3. Also, check any one of the white wires to the laminated iron core of the stator. ANY continuity to ground indicates the stator has had an insulation breakdown and will have to be replaced.

To test the Source coil (for the ignition) connect your pocket tester from the white/green wire to the red wire. Resistance should be 270~330 ohms resistance.

To test the pickup coil, connect your tester from the blue to the yellow wire. Resistance should be 171~209 ohms resistance.

Back