400ex build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL yep a good chain and sprockets will save a ton in the long run, actually if you have a stretched chain and worn sprockets you are losing HP, Dirtwheels done a writeup about it awhile back.

My sprockets and chain are in good condition right now. But once I change out the front sprocket I mine as well get a new chain too. I'm going to see how the added power with full exhaust is first before I add the sprocket tho

Exhaust, bumper and handguards ordered!! Said I should have it by fri! I didn't get the wrap around kit with the handguards. Figured id try them out without them first and see how they do

The wrap arounds are nice, have a lot of pros and cons, I just switched to Cycras on one quad and Powermadds on the other so best of both worlds. Some say if you wreck you can get your arm caught in the wraps but ahh I do know they protect you from trees and from broken levers. I bet your excited as hell to get the new goodies, Ive been waitin for over a week to get my Elka 2+R's so I know the feeling lol

Anyone know about 400ex jetting? From my research I should be around a 40 pilot and 155-160 main for my full exhaust and UNi filter with lid on. I'm at 6-700 ft above sea level. Any pointers or suggestions?

Well... Stock jetting is 38 & 148. That being said, I'm running 40 & 180 on my VERY built atc350x.

Yea I think if I run without the lid I would need around a 170

Start at 170 and see how it runs. Better to have it rich then lean! Also, try a 45 pilot. Yeah, you'll have to pull the carb off to change out the pilot jet, but, it's better to be safe then sorry. Also, the main can be changed out very easily in the frame.

Out with the old in with the new

Bumper looks sick

Found out that my handguards need a separate mounting kit to install so I gotta order that now

Fuckkkkkk. The one flange on the header was being a bitch and my buddy forced it on and snapped the one head stud. Hopefully I can throw vice grips on it and get the rest out

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm pretty pissed off with it at the moment tho lol

Man I spit my drink out when I read that about the flange, LOL I had a HELL of a time with my 660's Yoshi's headers, trying to line them up the first time from factory is hard as hell, I finally set the sucker back on its grab bar and got them in.

Yea that fucker didn't want to line up at all. Now I have a broken head stud. Any pointers on how to get it out? Will it just thread out with vice grips?

Yea I saw a few threads. Some people said its a bitch and some said not to bad. I should have the new studs in about a week or so.

Back