400ex build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdsiman

Reaction score
hey everyone i figured i would start a build thread for my new 07 400ex.
i have nerfs,rethal bars with rizers, kn intake, maxxis razr2 all around, and full skids minus a-arms.
well on my first ride i bent my front rim and now my tire doesnt hold air. so i went out and bought a used set of kfx450 rims and tires. on my second ride i sliced the sidewall of my rear tire lol.
so now i need to buy another tire and its $160:argh:
im looking to purchase new rims soon. either hiper cf1 with the red ring, dwt champion in a box with the red ring or thee itp bajas. im leaning towards the hipers since theyre AWESOME looking.
But now as im searching suspension i found a killer deal on elka stage 3 front and rear with labtec steering stabilizer for $1395 and its only while supplies last.
What do you guys think beadlocks or suspension first?

Just to let you know there is a build log section that this should be in not general discussion. Hopefully a mod can move it for you. As far as what to get first, if you plan on riding really hard and potentially bending more rims, I would go for the beadlocks first, but its really up to you. I wouldn't be too worried about the elka shock deal running out of supply, there seems to be a lot of them on ebay.

O didn't know there was a build thread. My bad, but yea I do ride pretty hard and my trails are real rocky. I'm def leanin more towards the beadlocks as of right now.

I'd get suspension first. Might not be beating up rims if it's easier to handle and rides better. JMO

Thought exactly that. I've been reading that the elka stage 3 are a very nice setup

What do you guys think about a-arms? I've read that I wouldn't want different a arms because all I do is trail rideand I don't want my quad real wide

Well I can speak for both Hiper and Elka and have not a bad thing to say about either, Other than the prices but you get what you pay for I have learned that over the years. Elka are running a Inventory blowout special on their website, Just a heads up to save ya some cash.

Ebay has all kinds of decent deals on A arms, as long as you don't go over 46 to 47 inches your gonna be fine.

Yea I found the elka deal on atv galaxy. Fronts and rear stage 3 for $1395 and they throw in a labtec stabilizer. Don't know anything about that stabilizer but I'm sure it's decent. I might just stick with the stock a-arms for now. Maybe upgrade in the future if I decent to go to the track.

On Elka's actual website they have some cheaper than 1400, The stage 3's I got was retailed at 1200 and I got them for under a 1000. Im not dissin ATVGalaxy just better deals out there, But if your getting the rear and the stick style stabilizer for 1400 its a good deal man. The stage 3 rear is around 800 to 1200 itself so your getting it for free almost

Yea the deal on atv galaxy was the 2 fronts, rear and stabilizer all for 1395

I thought this forum was only for Warrior 350's and Raptor 350's ???? since when does a Honda 400 ex qualify as a Yamaha

Do suspension first. Also, go to dkebay.com. That is Denniskirk's ebay store, and they have some really good deals on Works shocks there. The amount they have for sale varies. But, I think there are a couple 400ex sets there. May not be Elkas, but, do you really NEED the Elkas? Get some +2 arms, shocks, and you'll be happy. You can also find deals on anti-vibe stems. And, fyi, the TUSK billet extended rear hubs are nice!!! I put them on my sister's 250ex, along with ASR +2 arms, and they have done very well. They run about $90 on Ebay. Much less money then a new axle. But, new axles are so nice ;).

I thought this forum was only for Warrior 350's and Raptor 350's ???? since when does a Honda 400 ex qualify as a Yamaha

i thought people on this forum just overrall love quads so i thought people would be interested following my build

yea i thought that was an awesome price for them too. and maybe i will look into aftermarket a-arms. maybe + 1. atv galaxy has a bunch of deals with the stage 3s and a-arms too.

i thought people on this forum just overrall love quads so i thought people would be interested following my build

It don't bother me you'll be the first lol not sure how Admin will take to it though. we love anything and everything with a motor pretty much
I've had a couple 400 ex's so it would be interesting to see what you come up with:tup:

Just ordered the elka stage 3 package!! instead of the labtek stabilizer they threw in the streamline.

Damn right!! Heck of a deal your gonna love em!! Did you get the piggybacks or remote reservoirs?? I got the remote reservoirs and bought some UPP mounts, I got 2 black poly mounts with clamps for sale if you need them for the rear. They look just like the ones in the pics below except they are black.

Latest posts

Back