400ex build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time to start looking for an exhaust! im thinking hmf again like i had on my warrior or a curtis sparks slip on

I would get a Curtis sparks, Ive always like a sparks exhaust on about any quad, yes they are loud but HMF's are pretty loud also. If your worried about db's then get the HMF

Yea i have read that the sparks are real loud. Ill most likely go with the hmf. It had a great tone on my warrior. Looking for a deep note but not to to loud at wot.

I think I decided on getting the full yoshimura rs2 exhaust . Still haven't gotten around to putting my rear elka on yet haha

Damn nice build!! Badass shocks, tires and wheels, I wouldn't mind at all having that quad in my collection. Good job

Thanks guys!! I'm not even almost done yet either! I'm going to go on another spending spree in another month or so.Full exhaust, front bumper, handguards, new graphics. And maybe some more exterior add ons.

Just some suggestions from me would be to get a Quadtech seat, Quadtech Hood, Blingstar bumper, Rear DWT mudplugs, Houser A arms, Powermadds, rear drop grab bar, Full Curtis Sparks or DASA, And graphics from Spider graphixs, Esticky or SSI decals. Wow that's a lot of stuff, But damn it would be one of the sickest 400ex's around

Ill look into it all man! Does the good get rid of the light? I do night riding every so often so I need the lights. Idk if I'm going to do arms because my trails behind my house are pretty tight. I'm getting the red and black powermadds. I already have the mud guards but I haven't been able to clip them in get lol. What do you think about the yoshimura header and rs2 exhaust? My buddy's have the yoshis on there bikes and they sound sick!Prob do some avs levers too.

Yep the hood will eliminate the light, As long as you don't go over 48 to 50 inches wide you should be good on trails. Ahh Yes the question about the Yoshimura, Well I was flat out surprised by the RS3 full Yoshimura on a 660, It had a great tone and I noticed a slight power increase, The reason I switched to the Sparks X6 bigcore was because all the reviews and hands down its one of the best singles for the 660's and I always wanted one. In 2004 Kory Ellis ran his 660's in several national events and they dynoed 5 top name exhausts and Sparks brought the most power, But this is strictly 660 based, For the 400ex ive heard good things about the Sparks, Either way Yoshi or Sparks your gonna be pleased. Yoshimura is a damn good exhaust. Thumbs up on the ASV's I love em, If you ever decide to switch those nerfs, Get some Houser Probounce XC width, My little cousin just got some 2 months ago and Im amazed by how they feel, they have a ball in between the peg that flexes. Just a heads up right now on Ebay they are a Quadtech seat for your 400ex for 90 bucks any other time they are 145 to 170.

And please don't think I mean to get all of these parts at once lol that's crazy, Im just basically meaning that would be my list for the quad, Whats the fun in getting all the parts at once. I enjoy getting a part here and there it keeps me motivated.

Haha yea well I've been saving all the money I would be dumping into my new wrx but decided to keep that stock and mod the 400ex. Is it a seat or seat cover?

Its a seat cover, The actual seat with cover from Quadtech is close to 300 bucks lol, All you will need is a Stanley staple gun and some stainless staples. Quadtech, Fourwerx, DFR and Mototrim are the best seats on the market. Cascade innovations, Jetrim all have decreased sales over the past years. All of my buddies have switched to Mototrim, but I still love quadtechs seats. Actually Jetrim make badass seats but you cant beat that $90 dollar Quadtech cover off Ebay.

Nice ex, it looks great. Sounds like you got some good mods coming its way. Keep up the good work.

Yea I found it they do look nice. ^ and thanks man yea I'm actually in the process of buying a beater pickup so I can haul it wherever I want to ride. No point in having it to only ride in the same trails over and over haha

Anyone know if I would be able to fit a 400ex in the bed of a small pickup? Like ranger,s10, gmc sonoma? I'm assuming it'll fit I'll prob just need to lift it over the wheel wells.

Should fit. I had my warrior in a ranger. Had to lift the front wheels over the wheel wells but it fit.

Back