What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished wrapping my new FMF Powerbomb header and mid pipe with DEI Titanium wrap. Installed the new FMF Powerbomb header, mid pipe, Factory 4.1 slip on, and K&N filter. Failed at locating the air fuel mix screw before work... It's runnin rich and making little popping sounds revving down.

Put a new chain guide on the swing arm and re-installed the chain. Its ready to ride again after breaking the master link, I found what was left of the link sitting in the suspension. One of the pins sheered off at the groove for the clip.

Well I picked up a grade 8 bolt and it's working fine so far. :)

going out in garage right now to finish tearing down #5 and then meeting Oldwarrioirrider in morning to give him the frame and carrier to work his magic on
can't wait to see what he comes up with!

Been working on Cdi connectors most of the day.. Went to pull out of the driveway to take alittle ride when bluuup dead....... Crank crank nothing, pull it off fires right up but will not take more than half trottle.. Killed it tried to crank it back nothing, start messing with cdi fires up then bloop dead.. Pulled all the wires from lower cdi connector sure enough 2 loose connectors.. Cobbled them so I can ride tomorrow ordered new connectors from R.M Stator be here tuesday hopefully Shee shocks will also.. Really looking forward to trying the shocks..

Changed the timing chain, put on the modded clutch cover (thanks sparky!) and put on my Hayden 401 oil cooler.

Met with yamahauler, had breakfast and got his frame so I can blast and paint it. Got both of warriors out of storage, cut my fenders DRW style, helped cole put his yzf shifter on, parking brake block off plate on, and broke a header stud installing the sparky bomb header. Now the fun really begins! NOT!

Did nothing today but Thursday I installed new chain and sprockets. Went to 14/40 gearing. I like it with the 20 inch rears. Yesterday I adjusted the chain after stretching it for a few hours riding and installed the new bumper on the YFZ.

I just got it, man it's in pieces. Traded an old junk kz750 I had sitting in the back yard for it. I painted it, cleaned the carb went to go start her up... nothing. The guy told me there was a brand new battery in it but I should've checked. It's an older model thank god so I got blessed with a pull-start. After attempting to yank the cord without releasing the pressure in the cylinder and ripping my arm off, I found the compression release trigger (the switch on the bars doesn't exist for some reason..) pulled it and BRAAAAPP she started right up for me. Put some lights on it, ripped some handlebar grips off my old bmx and put em on (It was all I really had and i wasn't going back into town to get now ones) Then ripped it down the street. Turns out it's got the .40 bore over too, not to shabby. :D

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 28
I just got it, man it's in pieces. Traded an old junk kz750 I had sitting in the back yard for it. I painted it, cleaned the carb went to go start her up... nothing. The guy told me there was a brand new battery in it but I should've checked. It's an older model thank god so I got blessed with a pull-start. After attempting to yank the cord without releasing the pressure in the cylinder and ripping my arm off, I found the compression release trigger (the switch on the bars doesn't exist for some reason..) pulled it and BRAAAAPP she started right up for me. Put some lights on it, ripped some handlebar grips off my old bmx and put em on (It was all I really had and i wasn't going back into town to get now ones) Then ripped it down the street. Turns out it's got the .40 bore over too, not to shabby. :D
Welcome to the forum! You sir have a good ol first gen! Cool to see a new one come to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! You sir have a good ol first gen! Cool to see a new one come to the forum!

Thanks! I took it out to the Sand Pits today (a local riding area) and going through some whoops the bottom left ball-joint blew out. Probably should've checked those before I went out, used some shoelace to tie the axle together and did the 5-mile putt all the way home. The rear rims are pretty dinged too, they have a slow leak on the bead, I don't imagine it'd be easy to find an affordable pair anytime soon. Got the new A-arm for 27$ though!

Found out that the frame is a 1992 and it's got a first gen motor. /:

Nope definitely a first gen dude... Look at the mounts for the bottom a-arms... They are within the frame and that means first gen. And it has first gen hood mounts and no headlight mount up top. :slayer: Lol. Unless im seeing it wrong? It's an 87 by the way...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back