What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the motor pulled out of partzilla and got some new pics. can anybody tell me what the bottom of my motor was rubbing on (frame rail i suspect, but why)? check the pics and please chime in with advise, I dont want to rub a hole in my motor!
IMAG1510_zpsb98b6a32.jpg

IMAG1509_zps00ec7811.jpg

should I just fill both holes with JB and drill and retap to M8?

JB Weld will not hold for that repair. Need to repair it with some sort of thread insert. As bad as those look, I don't think even a Heli-Coil will fix it.

The only thing you could do is drill and tap holes so the studs are angled in toward the header. That way you get into some virgin material. Something all guys love;)

Just picked up a set of yfz 450 calipers for front thank you ebay. Also made some abs air scoops pretty sweet they hold on tested them out. Also what year yfz 450 for rear?

what causes that? and what options do I have for exhaust now besides a jug?

Left front yfz450 caliper. I don't recall the year mattering.
If you don't have a bracket you'll need one.
The rear brakes are quite different with that setup. You will stall a lot going into corners until your used to it.

Got the motor pulled out of partzilla and got some new pics. can anybody tell me what the bottom of my motor was rubbing on (frame rail i suspect, but why)? check the pics and please chime in with advise, I dont want to rub a hole in my motor!
IMAG1510_zpsb98b6a32.jpg

IMAG1509_zps00ec7811.jpg

should I just fill both holes with JB and drill and retap to M8?

Fill them with jbstick putty and then drill and helicoil. I think that will hold up.

i got regular old jb but i thought fill drill and helicoil was my best bet to salvage it too.

"Happens when the H bracket gets bent."

not a bent frame then? thats what i was afraid of, but i didnt find any breaks or odd bends...

Last edited:
i got regular old jb but i thought fill drill and helicoil was my best bet to salvage it too.

"Happens when the H bracket gets bent."

not a bent frame then? thats what i was afraid of, but i didnt find any breaks or odd bends...

Only other thing you can do is bring it to a DAMN GOOD WELDER, and have him fill them in with a spool gun. Then he/you/ or machinest, can drill and re-tap the holes. When it is all said and done, buy another head.

getting her ready for the season

This morning I changed the oil & filterand put my wheels back on. I had Walmart mount my new GBC X-Rex fronts and Duro Berm Raider Rears on the other day. After all that, I disconnected the spark plug and cranked it over maybe 7 times to get some oil flowin in the dry engine. Re-connected the spark plug, choked, firedup. Took her out for a wheelie and then off to work. It was dead the other day so I had put a battery maintainer on it to charge it back up. One of these:

A0N0_1_20110909_10960324.jpg

IMAG0031_zpsc0b97135.jpg

Does this sound like its tuned right? I'm not sure how much sputtering there should be.

Made a "path" through a bunch of palmetto bushes in the field/cow pasture. It will have to be ridden over a few more times lol. Fun stuff. Gotta flatten them out. I love riding fast through bushes.

got durablue x33 axle in mail today gonna install that bad boy this weekend. On a side note returning +2 axle from the swing arm shop. gonna just run it wide not longer want to keep pull for up front plus I would rather get a ASR with round carrier

Took the plastics off for a thorough cleaning. Found 2 things bent. Some link on my dogbone and an upper control arm. I think I'll just whack the arm back into place. Tomorrow, it will be:
1) Simple Green
2) Scrub
3) Repeat

and more exhaust wrap DIY research

Perty dirty
IMAG0038_zps9a7119b3.jpg

Last edited:
Found out that both rear wheel hub bolts had no nut on them, guess I never noticed before. One of the bolts didn't even have any thread left on it to put a nut on. Also noticed that one of the chain adjustment bolts had gotten bent. So I'm gonna buy some nuts and bolts and get everything back to working like it should. Then I may or may not need a new chain, I can't tell right now because there's no way to adjust it properly to see the slack. I could actually tell that some of the O-Rings on the chain have gotten a bit cracked, so that's another reason to replace. I'm thinking a Primary Drive X-Ring Chain right now if I do end up replacing, it's got a nice price and good reviews.

Those X rex are pretty badass!I got everything loosened up and carrier soaking in aerokroil overnight! Let the beatings begin!

got durablue x33 axle in mail today gonna install that bad boy this weekend. On a side note returning +2 axle from the swing arm shop. gonna just run it wide not longer want to keep pull for up front plus I would rather get a ASR with round carrier

Why not sell that sucker to a member here?

Back