What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The VIN is telling me it's a 92, The hood didn't seem to match up with the screws... I used bailing wire to hold it together. I got it with all the plastics off so I never knew if the hood fit originally or not.

Is a first gen man lol. The bottom a-arms are telling me that. Where is this decoder? Link?

take a pic of the vin and post it up along with the rear swingarm carrier and we will determine and a pic of the a-arms

10th didget on the vin Is H so therefore it is an 87!!!!!' I'm trusting your first read of the vin cause it seems more accurate... If it was a 92 trust me the bottom a-arm mounts would be outside the frame, you might be mistaking the 10th didget for an N.

In decoder link: http://www.atvstyle.com/atv-vin-number

Last edited:
I wish the Jackass before me didn't paint over the VIN so badly anyways.
I'll go with 87 too. Now to figure out why the hood doesn't line up right /:

Yeah, it may have been in an accident, on of the fenders rides a little higher than the other, maybe from a bent frame or subframe. Also, why won't the 1989 A-Arm fit on the 1st gen?

Yeah, it may have been in an accident, on of the fenders rides a little higher than the other, maybe from a bent frame or subframe. Also, why won't the 1989 A-Arm fit on the 1st gen?

1989 is the year the second generation came round with new a-arms, frame, and headlights. They mount different and are different lengths so they won't fit.

the lower on a first gen where it mounts to the frame is wider than a second gen

Opposite, accually lol. The mounts are further within the frame on a first gen. Second gens have the mounts out wider "outside" the frame. And second gen lowers are shorter too. The uppers won't fit cause the mounts are wider apart, I have second gen uppers I can take a pic of it!

You can see that the uppers are too short in width to fit within the first gen upper mounts.
image_zps1a0b0f34.jpg

Last edited:
What are they made of? I think I've got an idea.

Lol steel and you can't weld them they are too thin, they will be really weak and it's not worth it. Engine failures are a pain but suspension failures can kill. Just spend the extra money and get the right ones dude. It's not worth the risk.

Lol steel and you can't weld them they are too thin, they will be really weak and it's not worth it. Engine failures are a pain but suspension failures can kill. Just spend the extra money and get the right ones dude. It's not worth the risk.
I figured welding is out of the question, are they hollow? I was figuring on using an inner tube to bolt them together, using jbweld as a lube... I dunno just a thought.
:D

I figured welding is out of the question, are they hollow? I was figuring on using an inner tube to bolt them together, using jbweld as a lube... I dunno just a thought.
:D

Lol you know they are hollow! I'm not tryin to be an ass if that's what you are thinking... Just so you know.

Back