What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But anyways you should get a couple pics for me tomorrow so I can identify some stuff for you, like the aftermarket pipe, the shocks look stock to me but I can't see the rear, and the a-arms tops and bottoms so I can see if they have the replaceable ball joints. Just tryin to help out a bit lol

I'll get to that when I wake up, even if it IS the replaceable joint the socket is all blown out... I've thought of everything, I've got a pretty possible temporary fix in mind which involves drilling through the rest of the socket and using a tip-threaded bolt to get them back together again. Just thinking on if it would damage the hub.

Sounds sketchy dude and you dont want a balljoint comin apart in sixth gear because more than likely you would need flown out of the crash site

Sounds sketchy dude and you dont want a balljoint comin apart in sixth gear because more than likely you would need flown out of the crash site
I'm talking about completely getting rid of the ball joint, and using something along the lines of a grade 6 or 8 bolt to keep the hub and the lower A-arm together, if I did this i'd use a spring cotter pin to keep the bolt from comin loose.

Opposite, accually lol. The mounts are further within the frame on a first gen. Second gens have the mounts out wider "outside" the frame. And second gen lowers are shorter too. The uppers won't fit cause the mounts are wider apart, I have second gen uppers I can take a pic of it!

You can see that the uppers are too short in width to fit within the first gen upper mounts.
image_zps1a0b0f34.jpg

Looks like your brake line is out of place p:

I'll get to that when I wake up, even if it IS the replaceable joint the socket is all blown out... I've thought of everything, I've got a pretty possible temporary fix in mind which involves drilling through the rest of the socket and using a tip-threaded bolt to get them back together again. Just thinking on if it would damage the hub.

Well, I feel stupid. I'm such a noob! Looks like the whole socket comes out, so does the one on the new A-Arm I bought does too. Will the one off the 89 screw into the one in the 87? I thought the 87s were the only ones with removable ones though?! Maybe the guy mismarked it and it's actually a 1987 arm which would be boss but i doubt it...

Last edited:
Not today, but yesterday i raced my 87 for the first time and managed to get 1st in class 23rd overall. Everything held together minus the positive cable broke off the battery and my camera mount broke.

Not today, but yesterday i raced my 87 for the first time and managed to get 1st in class 23rd overall. Everything held together minus the positive cable broke off the battery and my camera mount broke.

AWESOME! what class you run it in?

I actually did some work too. I got the sprocket side of duners guards installed and installed the 660 rear shock! WOAH, whats the world coming to?

I recieved my new sparky belly skid, wiseco cam chain, and pickup coil today! I also installed my DRW case saver and solid roller and replaced one side lower and other side upper a-arm bushings and replaced carrier bearings and put things back in and on.

Gave my Raptor 350 and Z400 a bath. Got back from a weekend of Deepwater(Cooper Creek) and camping last night, after dark. It was awesome, except the raptor does'nt run right half the time after the new exhaust. It wants to die sometimes when it idles. Gotta re-jet now. Good thing I brought both my quads!!! Y'all missed out!

Finally got the carb rebuilt and back on my 01 CL special and got her runnin again. Fired up and idles. Spits and sputters through all throttle positions and falls on face under load (pulling out in first). Found slide sticking. Back together. Still spits and sputters. Grr. Need it running and sold for parts $ for my 97! A arm bushings ordered. Hard to get anything done with 3 yr old "helping" all the time!

Some parts came in so I'm a bit closer to getting rid of all the worn out, missing or broken parts on my warrior. I'm gonna get the big bear oil cooler soon too I think, she gets quite hot and then you cant even bother trying to find neutral.

Took another look at this slip-on, still can't figure if it came off a newer year or if it's aftermarket? Can anybody confirm this? Excuse the crappy wiring, I was in a jiffy to take it out the other night xD.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 25
Took the carb off to inspect and clean. Pulling the gas line off, it spit right in my eyeball before i could shut my eye. I threw water in my face from the garden faucet.

Kinda burns...

Back