Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pictures of my progress...

picture.php

picture.php

hey is there any way to fix a clutch cover if you **** it up? i just wanna know before i start.

nope you **** up you need to get another well depends on what part you **** up on too lol

to late hahaha didnt drill in to the channel owe well now 98 has his practice cover to polish! good thing it was my extra

this thread is fantastic!! looks like i have a little project to do! i am going to weld on the bungs and weld the galley hole shut as well. thanks for posting all the pics!

why not go on ebay and buy the big bear oil filter adaptor instead, i have bought two of them for under 40.00 shipped

why not go on ebay and buy the big bear oil filter adaptor instead, i have bought two of them for under 40.00 shipped

That works for some, but there are others that decided to get rid of the stock shifter setup and go direct shifter. In which case to run a big bear you would have to make a custom shifter. Thats one of the big reasons.

That works for some, but there are others that decided to get rid of the stock shifter setup and go direct shifter. In which case to run a big bear you would have to make a custom shifter. Thats one of the big reasons.

Another major reason is the actual cooling path.......which I AM going to figure out here soon. I THINK, the clutch tap cooler cools the oil BEFORE it goes into the trans. BB adapter cools before it goes into the head. Clutch cover keeps the oil cooler in the trans then it goes through the head and then repeat. BB adapt, cools the oil through the head then through the trans then repeat. One helps the head more, one helps the trans more, or so that's my theory for now. BOTH cool the oil which is a MAJOR help in keepin the heart of these machines happy.

Another major reason is the actual cooling path.......which I AM going to figure out here soon. I THINK, the clutch tap cooler cools the oil BEFORE it goes into the trans. BB adapter cools before it goes into the head. Clutch cover keeps the oil cooler in the trans then it goes through the head and then repeat. BB adapt, cools the oil through the head then through the trans then repeat. One helps the head more, one helps the trans more, or so that's my theory for now. BOTH cool the oil which is a MAJOR help in keepin the heart of these machines happy.

It sound legit to me man!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

plus running the Big Bear is taking the oil pressure directly from the oil pump, this means the oil will be push though the cooler and back to the return to the pump. also like at this way, enough thro it might not be as cool yamaha engineered the big bear cooler to work best with the enigine prefromance. plus of the testing has already been done for you and it ia a soild design being a engineer i know how important good eningeering can be.

plus running the Big Bear is taking the oil pressure directly from the oil pump, this means the oil will be push though the cooler and back to the return to the pump. also like at this way, enough thro it might not be as cool yamaha engineered the big bear cooler to work best with the enigine prefromance. plus of the testing has already been done for you and it ia a soild design being a engineer i know how important good eningeering can be.

The original guy to come up with the clutch cover mod, Mickey Dunlap, did plenty of tests himself, considering he was racing these things. If it would have harmed his engine in any way he probably wouldnt have done it. Besides people like me, Deadlast, Beastly, Yamahauler, have ran these modded covers and have ran the quad hard and put it away wet. I can say in my eyes I believe we've tested this harder and longer than Yamaha ever tested the Big Bear setup. I figure they wanted to cool the big bear and already knew that that setup would cool it just enough to not worry.

Dont worry though this year a bunch of us across the board are going to be doing temp tests. Thats Clutch Cover and Big Bear setup, so stay tuned!!!

The original guy to come up with the clutch cover mod, Mickey Dunlap, did plenty of tests himself, considering he was racing these things. If it would have harmed his engine in any way he probably wouldnt have done it. Besides people like me, Deadlast, Beastly, Yamahauler, have ran these modded covers and have ran the quad hard and put it away wet. I can say in my eyes I believe we've tested this harder and longer than Yamaha ever tested the Big Bear setup. I figure they wanted to cool the big bear and already knew that that setup would cool it just enough to not worry.

Dont worry though this year a bunch of us across the board are going to be doing temp tests. Thats Clutch Cover and Big Bear setup, so stay tuned!!!

Yah, Mickey said the clutch cover mod was best because it cools the crankshaft first.

Back