Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I barely purchased a 2004 warrior 350 with stage two cams , but im worried about it over heating and siezing . I took it out today for about an hour and 30 minutes and it took about 3 hours too cool off ? common problem or just mine?

Check the spark plug if its a white like color its too lean and thats why it gets so hot. if its a brownish color then your good.

Thanks

You know were i could possibly find like a video or something that would help me with the jetting settings ? im forsure its that because it doesnt idle without the choke . It idles but when you give it gas its boggy and it shuts off , unless you put it in gear and keep giving it gas

You know were i could possibly find like a video or something that would help me with the jetting settings ? im forsure its that because it doesnt idle without the choke . It idles but when you give it gas its boggy and it shuts off , unless you put it in gear and keep giving it gas

there is some threads in the tutorials section

not to beat a dead horse but im doing the big bear mod. what years does the big bear cooler work on a 98 warrior

not to beat a dead horse but im doing the big bear mod. what years does the big bear cooler work on a 98 warrior

You don't actually use a big bear oil cooler just the adaptor and cover for the oil filter. You use just a generic tranny cooler. the first post says which one to use.

There is a certain year range it has to be and I think it needs to be from a 350 big bear but not 100% sure
Weston would know for sure

Pictures

i cant see any of the pictures in this thread....

Will one of y'all do me a favor? Post some links of all the parts I need to do the Big Bear conversion. When I go to Motosport.com, they don't show a big bear under the 1995 oem parts. Thanks, Dusty

Last edited:
Question

Hi I also would like to have the photos from the first post. Any one can send it? Thank you very much

How can we get the pictures working again in this thread? I am looking at doing this mod to my wife's stock quad and the pictures would be very helpful.

How can we get the pictures working again in this thread? I am looking at doing this mod to my wife's stock quad and the pictures would be very helpful.
Dont bother trying. Photobucket changed a lot and a lot of us can get our own photo's back without spending 20$

That being said zoom zoom and drw sell bolt on oil coolers now so there isnt a need to drill and tap a cover. Especially after it's been shown that the cover mod isnt as effective at cooling the engine as a filter adapter setup.

Back