Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy demonstration, get you 8 bendy straws, put 6 in your mouth and exhale, air comes out evenly from all straws right? Now pick one sraw, tape the other2 to it so the one straw is now 3 straws long, now take that straw and put 3 90* bends in it, now put the ends of all 6 straws in your mouth and exhale again. Check if flow is even. It won't be, less air will come out of the longer straw due to the extended line that causes more restrictions. Now since the other5 straws are short and straight, they can easily flow more air so the restrictions in the long line actually increases flow in the other5 because there is no for of regulation on any of the lines.

That make sense?

Turbulent flow, something you'll learn in fluids, there's always a disruption when there's flow moving across something. I guess it could be countered by a larger id but I'd see it having less pressure. Just something else to add in

what is the oil pressure of a non-cooler motor? i have looked in the manual but never found it.

The average oil pressure of a car is 20-60psi. 60 is the usual MAX pressure. Anything more and the relief valve opens to reduce oil pressure to a managable level. If pressure gets higher then 60 you run the risk of seals and gaskets blowing out. The rule of thumb is 10psi for every 1000 RPMs. These little engines are probably about what cars are. There is no way 10psi is enough for one of these engines when they are tackin 9000 RPMs.

I just found 91warriors posts about the gauge and he really never reported back with some solid results from what Ive found so far.

I just found 91warriors posts about the gauge and he really never reported back with some solid results from what Ive found so far.

I just watched the vids on that post. Neat. I didn't care for how he had the gauges hooked up, though.

My 6.5 runs 40-80psi my 450 averages46 pounds.

Diesels do require more oil pressure if I'm not mistaken. My 8.1 will idle at 25-30psi and will run as much as 65ish when you get into it or when she's workin hard. I just took another '01 2500hd with an 8.1 for a test drive today when I was done workin on it. Has 244,xxx miles on the original engine, and it has the same oil pressure as mine, AND mine is the same now with 165,000 as it was when I got it with 40k. Shows how tough these engines are.

I just watched the vids on that post. Neat. I didn't care for how he had the gauges hooked up, though.

Diesels do require more oil pressure if I'm not mistaken. My 8.1 will idle at 25-30psi and will run as much as 65ish when you get into it or when she's workin hard. I just took another '01 2500hd with an 8.1 for a test drive today when I was done workin on it. Has 244,xxx miles on the original engine, and it has the same oil pressure as mine, AND mine is the same now with 165,000 as it was when I got it with 40k. Shows how tough these engines are.

Diesel run much higher oil pressure then a gas motor. Mine especially cause its how the injectors operate

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

My 6.5 runs 40-80psi my 450 averages46 pounds.

now this oil pressure is those ratings from your warrior and the yfz450? or are still talking about car/truck engines? and if you took those oil pressures from the quad where did you find the port to put the oil pressure guage?

now this oil pressure is those ratings from your warrior and the yfz450? or are still talking about car/truck engines? and if you took those oil pressures from the quad where did you find the port to put the oil pressure guage?

There isn't any port. You make one.

I suppose because that was 7 years ago and the person took them down LOL. A bummer though for sure! I just checked this thread out myself. Now I see even you posted 7 months ago haha....

I really need to get some pics of one I'm doing again. I've got finish product, but don't think I have any mid work. I'll have to look!!

5aqevase.jpg
4u5u5uhe.jpg
ysu9ebuz.jpg
e2e6ary3.jpg
ujypuger.jpg
syta8y2y.jpg

Back