Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neat, keep us updated on how it works, and hows the exhaust you have, ive looked at that one for my warrior

I be worried about water and mud ruining those fans pretty fast

guess it depends on what you ride, in its situation, id only be worried about deep water, or roost from other bikes, in my situation most of what i ride is dry so it would work fine for me, but guess we'll have to wait and see if they end up blowing his whole electrical system or not

I have not tried yet , when I do let them know . First I will take the temperature without them and then I'll with them . And also thought them to work with ON/OFF switch .

Well I finally started putting my cooler on yesterday. I welded sheet metal across the hood mount tabs and drilled holes through that to allow air to pass through. I also moved the ignition coil to the other side of the mount where it was so it would be lower. Then welded sheet metal on to hold it above the coil and drilled it so it would let air through also. Then used the mount hardware (plastic stuff) supplied and mounted it in the two spots. I like my mount because the cooler is completely hidden there. I was going to put it long ways up under the tank so that it would really get some air flow, but a couple buddies talked me out of that. They figured I would ruin it there.

Got my cover drilled and tapped yesterday, then plugged the cavity between my two holes with JB Weld. Should be putting the cover back on in the next couple days.

In the mean time I pulled the top end off to check a few things and put in new seals and such, so I am in no hurry to get the cover back on. Having fun doin some mods while it is tore down. Might throw in a cam while I am in there. Not sure........

$92 at Summit Racing.

Perma Cooler (5"x12.5") / Part number; PRM-1010.....$27.88
6' S.S. braided hose / Part number; SUM-230606.....$23.95
2 - Endura 1/8" adapters (case adapters) / Part number; RUS-660451.....$9.90
2 - 90 bend end / Part number; SUM-220687B.....$23.90

(hoping i like the 90 bends and they dont stick out to far but ill have to wait till
I get them on)

P3090010.jpg

Seems like summit does not carry the Perma Cooler 5"x12.5" trans cooler any longer. I also check Jegs with no luck...

Yea I know...
I can't seem to find it anywhere else though. Summit and Jegs removed it from there inventory.

go to autozone, Oreilys or what ever automotive store is close and get one there, I paid less than 30 for mine at Oreilys

Latest posts

Back