Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then don't spend the 30 bucks on one, and jump head first into some thing you don't anything about is asking for trouble. And from what I have read in this post, looks like you don't know much. Its better to take you time do it right the first time, if that means waiting a couple days to get a book in the mail. If you also stop and listen to these guys they are telling you whats best and how to do something.

You can hone a cylinder and put new rings in and break it in will bring back power, or go with a lighter slightly bigger piston and rings will gain some more power, if you want even lots more then maybe you should have gotten a yfz 450 or raptor 600 or something like that. Warriors are heavy and not real fast but do get up and go.

Take your time, listen to the guys they will get you set up they know the warrior pretty well. Also you want to stay cheap well then you get cheap power and risk having to tear it back apart. Engine internals you don't want to skimp on, buy the best you can afford if you have to buy cheap save some more, and get your moneys worth.

ya, thats the first thing i said was that i didnt know much. And i def am listing to these guys, they have helped me TONS already.

Agian if its the manual thats downloadable for here its got all the same info, so its a mute point. But I will say no matter what manual you have read the portion on what you are working on repeatedly so that you have a full understanding of how it goes back together or coming apart.

On your boring over if you are not going for loads of power you dont have to go all the way to .60. Best bet would be take the jug to a machine shop and have them get a bore and hone done and buy the piston and rings that match

Last edited:
You guys are all from ohio? weres this crow canyon iv been hering so much about
F crow caynon, lets go to Wellsville! Man up pussys :evilface:

Best bet would be take the jug to a machine shop and have them get a bore and hone done and buy the piston and rings that match
Correction, its always best to match the jug to the piston and rings, not the other way around.

Haha i live in ohio and havnt hit any of the spots here, never even hurd of crow canyon or wellsville but im gonna start goin places like that once i get my warrior going. and deadlastracing, do you race and design graphic for a living because that would be sick, a life style revolving around atvs

Wellsville from what I heard from here and seen youtube, is pretty technical, know how to ride or get your stuff beat up. Do a search on youtube watch the vids its pretty cool. If I lived alot closer I would go and give it run.

where is wellsville? like around clevland ? or columbus orrr?

Wellsville is south of youngstown. Near East Liverpool. Wellsvilel is the ****! I run the Wellsville forum as well and have a campsite there. Love that place. Yes it is very technical, but it has a little bit of everything, easy and super crazy, ride what your comfortable. Every year I invite whom ever want to join for a wellsville warrior weekend. Camp at my site, part and ride. There are a ton of Ohio people on here, but yet of the last two years I've had it, 1st time there were 7 of us and last year only 3. Trying to organize another big event seems like a lost cause. But I will announce it again this year. Planning for sometime this fall, perfect riding/camping weather.

I don't race for a living but I do design for a living, and by that, I mean I'm a Graphic Designer for a major brand, KAY jewelry.......yeah yeah yeah, real manly right. Hahahah. I hope some day I can turn DeadLast Graphix into what I dream of it to be. Then hopefully I can afford to race as much as I want too as well.

I don't think the Warrior is really THAT heavy. Certainly not as light as the YFZ450 but not really a ton heavier either.

Latest posts

Back