Who knows about Honda cars??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great cars, take care of it and it will last, most common problems are cv joints make noise(not a prob since they've been done) waterpump and t-belt, idle air control valve, transmission, and the occasionally you see clogged egr ports rarely see engine issues unless some fast and the furious wanna be puts a cold air intake on it and runs through a puddle
Actually it's got quite a few new parts on it.. But it's bone stock!
I dunno why it was give'n up on?? It needs a good tune up, and the trans is overdue for service. But I'll get that over the next couple of weeks.
The only thing this car needed was an exhaust. I'll do the water pump, and timing belt when it starts to get warmer this spring.
My fingers are crossed that it holds together, I just spent $300 on an exhaust system for it.. lol ($375 if you count the temporary one till my stainless system gets here) Now it's a $700 car.

You should go ahead and do the trans service bro,, its honda so its only a drain and refill system and only takes like 3.1 qt. of honda fluid!!!You can have it done in about 15 mins just remember to check a honda trans fluid level you get it to operating temp cut it off and within afew seconds check the level, with the motor off!!!!Not running like normal cars!!!

One more of topic on the camber thing.....go to you tube and look at demon camber. Its really big in japan.

You should go ahead and do the trans service bro,, its honda so its only a drain and refill system and only takes like 3.1 qt. of honda fluid!!!You can have it done in about 15 mins just remember to check a honda trans fluid level you get it to operating temp cut it off and within afew seconds check the level, with the motor off!!!!Not running like normal cars!!!
I actually have a friend that works in the parts department at Honda, and told me that the Honda Z1 tranny fluid is just a ploy from Honda to get people to buy their products. Running a normal Dexron II, or III isn't gonna hurt it, and it will still shift just fine.. I'm gonna use Dexron III.
One more of topic on the camber thing.....go to you tube and look at demon camber. Its really big in japan.
Yah I know I've seen lots of that crap. Have you seen the pipes their running on the cars over there now? It's a new fad called "Bosozoku style". They are the stupidest looking cars I have ever seen.

Heres an example of how odd it is. lol
bosozokustyle_zpseb3a3472.jpg

Bozoku!!! HAHAHA I have spent some time watching you tube with those things. They are crazy!

So heres a new one... I tuned up the car pretty good, and took it out for a good run. When I rev it pas 4000 it blows exhaust into the heater vents? Like wtf??? The exhaust exits by the passenger rear tire, and I don't hear anything leaking past the manifold.. So where the hell could it be coming from?? I'm thinking that it's somewhere under the hood.

Well thats an odd one.....how much is it blowing in?

Last edited:
you need a buddy, and a disconnected horn. the buddy is to rev the engine so you can find the leak, disconnected horn is so they dont blow it in your face! lol.

Hmmmm. Cant find any leaks under the car at all? You said the manifold wasn't leaking right?

Well the little bitch is so damn loud I can't really tell? But the heat shield would probably mask any manifold leaks to.. I can't wait to get my stainless kit.

Its gotta be leaking some place for it to get inside like that. I would get the new system on it and see what it does then? Does it do it only when going down the road or if you just rev it up?

With the engine at idle, hold a rag or glove over the tail pipe. This will make any leaks more exagerrated.

So the manifolds cracked.... Good thing the heat shield was so rusty, or I would never got it off. It literally fell apart in my hand.
I thought I could kinda hear a ticking when it was cold. lol
Its gotta crack about 5" inches long right by the o2 sensor, and a crack around the weld for the collector mount.. When the electric fan kicks in it blows exhaust right back into the car.

Wow good thing you ordered a full exhaust for it!
No kidd'n.. lol
If I was to hit it with a hammer, I bet it would shatter like glass into about 10 pieces!

I blame it on that heat shield.. I bet it got some snow trapped behind it when the motor was hot, and "poof"! There went the manifold.

Stock manifolds on most cars=useless! Can't wait to hear that extreme fart cannon action!

Back