Who knows about Honda cars??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a cheap beater to cruise around in, and I found a 91' honda accord exr for $200 bux.

It has a 2.2 16v with an auto trans, and 280,000kms (173,000 miles) on the clock. It runs pretty good, needs an exhaust, and a tune up. It didn't burn oil, and the frontend felt tight.
So the question is.. Is it played out??
What kinda problems do these cars have, and what should I look for??

I've never owned a Honda in my life, so I though I would ask around about it.. But I've heard that their really hard to kill.

Get it! find out if the water pump and timing belt have been replaced
if it's not burning oil for $200 it's well worth it!

the 2.2 is bulletproof dude. well worth it but look out for underside rust.

I'm not a fan of Honda's cars, but those cars do run for about ever. Like Hauler said, waterpump, timing belt & componant kit, and you're good to go.

There isn't much known about it's past. It has a new starter, CV's, and rear brakes.
The body looks a bit rough, but the interior is clean.

honda1_zps84c754b2.jpg

honda2_zps03396c99.jpg

It's not an EXR either, I was told it was.
It's a friend of my wifes that has it, and her BF was tell'n me about it.

The belt looks ok, but I might change it anyway. It doesn't look to tough... lol (famous last words)

For $200 you can't go wrong if she runs and drives.
hell you can get that or more scrapping the damn thing lol

Def get it. Can't kill em if u try. Belt not that bad at all. Clean that rust out of the wheel wells before it eats the whole car! Lol

Buy it! They are great cars. They all rust on the rear fenders. Basic maint stuff and your good. I had a 91 and sold it with almost 250000 on it. Still ran great. Took out a new caddie with it but thats another storie.Buy it

Just change the belt. Don't chance it. Dayco offers a complete timing belt kit. It has the belt, water pump, and componant kit. You may want to put new cam and crank seals in there, too.

Had one that i bought with about 120k on it, did a timming belt and flushed all the fluids, did the normal stuff like belts hoses, brakes etc,, and drove that thing till 266k and sold it the same weekend i put it up for sale, payed 1100.00 when i got it and sold it for 1500,,, loved it so much i went and bought a 2003 and hell the 91 got better gas milage and road better, Problems,,, keep up with the tuneups, if the plugs and wires get so bad it will melt the distributer,, the transmission needs Honda fluid to shift wright or it will shift hard and if it starts going in and out of overdrive one of the external shift packs are bad, but you can still drive it if you dont mind,, other big thing if it wont start in the middle of summer but will after it cools alittle bit then it needs the master relay under the dash easy to change and cost about 30 bucks!!! I love these damn cars!!

put a can over EngineRestor in it and it will lower the engine blow by and then the seals wont leak!!!

Yeah they are known for dists to crap out. Takes "special" power steering fuid, too. Also takes offset upper ball joints to correct from camber and sometimes caster. Been a while since I've aligned one that old. But, I'm almost positive that is takes those balljoints to get everything in spec. And they ain't cheap, either. You're talkin about 125 easy for one balljoint. I THINK the rears take shims on that old a Honda. If not, it has you typical latteral links with adjusters built in. If it is like most late '90s and up Hondas it will need (if it isn't in there already) an adjustable upper latteral link in the rear to adjust the camber. Why Honda has never equipt them like that from the factory is beyond me. EVERY one I have ever done an alignment on has needed that damn link, and I'm talkin cars that are only a couple years old with 35k on em! Stupid asses...

What do you mean anyway bro, there great cars just need alittle keep up and maintenance cought up and youll be good..

Latest posts

Back