the new ride ;)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
way i look at it is the stock of NOS forged cranks will run out at some point and aftermarket support for the 283 is getting close to nothing now so i'm going to buy a couple to put up and hold onto. and on boring a 283 out to 4"... yes it can be done and yes it will work BUT make sure you have one hell of a good cooling system cause it will try and run hot

Lol. I got my stroker crank in today, so once I get that bitch together and in my warrior, they 49 will be the latest story of my life.

I just read an article in April 2011 "Street Trucks" about that first truck. It was a tech article about the Hotchkis suspension install.
2012-09-11214630.jpg

yep! thats the suspension thats going under my truck. the owner of tat truck (robby) races it in auto cross and whoops the **** outta some fully setup sports cars and camaros and **** like that

I'd like to do that but I'll never use my truck for that stuff. Be nice too, and I will drive the piss outta it on the paved back roads we have. But, I prefer drag racing. Our shop is in a college town. We have Hampden Sydney men's college, and longwood women's U. Mommy and daddy buy their idiot kids sports cars, and fast trucks. You see these rice burners all the time buzzing down the street. There's be no greater pleasure for me, then to be sitting at a stop light next to one of those preps in their ricer, and want to drag. And my truck goes from sounding mean with the shorty 40 street mufflers I'm putting on it, to full out GET THE **** OUTTA MY WAY! When I open up the headers with the oull of a knob:evilface:. Then I get to see them turn white as a ghost, and I whell stand and smoke their ass!

thats bout what my truck will be used for and cruising them good curvy mountain roads! :) the ride quality of a hotchkis kit is amazing! rides like a caddy and handles like a vette

Mine should feel pretty damn good with the nova sub and some high quality parts. Getting the alignment dialed in the way I want it is what is going to make the biggest impact. Be a far cry better then the old I beam.

for sure! you gonna lower it any? what size tires you gonna run? i think if i'm lucky i can squeeze some 285 or HOPEFULLY some 295s in the stepside wells

Don't know yet. It all depends on where the nova sub ends up. I've seen some pics of swaps done, and they are on the low side. I hate anything lowered. I prefer close to factory ride height. The first things I buy is going to be rear leafs, shackles, bushings, shocks, and swap the 10 bolt in. I have to get the rear ride height set before I can tackle the front. Was going to go with a 12 bolt, but I already own the 10 out of the 74 nova for nothing. It will be fine for my app. But, when I happen across a 12 it'll be in there. I'm sticking with 15" wheels, don't like anything with a low profile look. May go 16" but no more. I haven't thought much in the way of tire size, but something around 235/75r15. I plan to run 3.55 gears cause I'm using a tb400. Low enough for the street yet tall enough for only having a 3 speed. MAY go 3.73, but that's a stretch. Keeping a middle of the road tire size like that will help with the overall gearing and launch factor. I can't go much bigger anyway, because I will have clearance issues with the front clip and the width of the nova sub. I've read that offset rims is a must to get the right width.

17's are as big as i'm going and thats JUST enough to clear the 13" rotors thats going on it. and i LOVE wide tires on the back so i'm getting all i can stuff in the rear wells without modding the bed.

That is the only thing I would like to do, wide rears. There is a good amount of room in those step side wells of mine, but, again that changes some with the 10 bolt rear over the old school unit in it. Believe it or not, it still has old bias ply dunlop dune trackers on the front and uniroyal lerado on the rear. I can't remember the 1st number, but the other is 15 LT or LT15. Have to look in the mornig. Anyway, they are wide and look killer on the rear of the truck. The ride height it is at now is where I want to try to keep it. It has no engine or trans in it, and the front shock mounts are broken off. And with the worn out rear suspension, it has a great stance, in my eyes.

i like for em to set up off the ground BUT for what i'm doing... the stock suspension on these c10s SUCK

i get the beast done i'm headin south for the coast for cruisin the coast in mississippi! biggest car show/rod run in the south

Back