shifting is easy, slips when you gun it though

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluethunder86

Reaction score
im sure this has been brought up before in different threads but i need straight answers. its an 88 warrior 350 the oil has been changed and so has the filter. i start the atv and let it warm up, doesnt take long because its about 50 here. i can get on and shift into first and take off slowly, once in second i tried to gun it and it sort of took off but slipped and revved up, once i backed off the throttle it locked in again. the whole time riding i can stay in second and cruise my heavily wooded track, once its warmed up i can gun it without the trans slipping. if the trans is slipping what parts need replacing? is my clutch going?

im still having the issue of finding neutral. also does anyone have a trick to finding neutral WHILE its running? iv heard if you rev it real quick with the clutch in and sitting in first it will work, or as you come to a rolling stop in first you can hit the sweet spot.

sounds like clutch is going have you tried adjusting the cable? and the neutral flaw is very common on the warriors but I just put a new clutch cable on mine yesterday and since then I haven't had a problem getting her in neutral

sounds like clutch is going have you tried adjusting the cable? and the neutral flaw is very common on the warriors but I just put a new clutch cable on mine yesterday and since then I haven't had a problem getting her in neutral

checking the clutch cable was next on the to-do list. do you think its too tight or too loose, off hand?

too tight if the arm on the motor isn't going back far enough it will slip you want it to grab at about a half inch to and inch of releasing the clutch lever on bars

Sounds like your clutch is on the outs. make sure your cable isn't to tight thou as well, then its all the way out at the lever, the arm shouldn't have tension on it pulling it forward.

Neutral is a bitch to find, especially once there warmed up for whatever reason. Its good to keep the stock nut/rev light and relocate them if you have to to help.

Sounds like your clutch is on the outs. make sure your cable isn't to tight thou as well, then its all the way out at the lever, the arm shouldn't have tension on it pulling it forward.

Neutral is a bitch to find, especially once there warmed up for whatever reason. Its good to keep the stock nut/rev light and relocate them if you have to to help.

didnt get a chance to adjust the cable tonight. bro took it for a couple runs while i was at work. he was able to hit neutral while coasting to a stop in first. hopefully if tomorrows weather is nice i can get to cable checking.

might be picking up a 87 in better condition this saturday, mint and very little tlc. hopefully that clutch is in better shape.

too tight if the arm on the motor isn't going back far enough it will slip you want it to grab at about a half inch to and inch of releasing the clutch lever on bars

I had just adjusted my cable and thought it was right. Well it wasn't I guess it was to tight and my clutch was slipping bad when I tried to ride it around the yard so I put it back and its much better now but I would still like to do the extra plate mod and try that out cause it still dosent feel like it locks up like it should but its my first warrior so I have nothing to compare it to.

Back