Rebuild of my Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well im not sure what to do now the gun metal powder coating did not turn out right it chips way too easy. The powder coating place said it was the clear and he is going to redo the axle black with this truck bed liner looking stuff. Im worried about the frame though I really dont feel like taking everything back off and having it redone. I nicked the frame in one spot when I dropped a bolt on it. He was hitting the axle with a wrench and it seemed to chip pretty easy. Guess I should of just painted it myself with regular automotive paint every time I have someone work on something of mine it seems to get screwed up thats why I like to do everything myself I guess. Only time I ever let anyone touch my SS camaro was to tint the windows and that got screwed up also with scratches in my rear window.

Im not sure the frame could be ok with the skids but they are redoing the axle right now. I have this thing just about ready to put all back together. Finished the rear caliper and cleaned pretty much the rest of the parts yesterday.

raptor470.jpg

raptor468.jpg

Ill get an exhaust b4 long I might tear into the engine in a year or 2. I run out of things to work on and have to have somethin to do.

I prob will hate to get it dirty I dont plan on doing much mudding in it tho ide get a 4x4 if I wanted to do that.

Haha that's the same thing I said when I painted mine but you should see it now lol

Whats with the silver paint on the clutch cover? And where did you get that GYTR throttle cover?

Tyler said:
Whats with the silver paint on the clutch cover? And where did you get that GYTR throttle cover?

Its not paint its just where I taped it off and sanded it down. I got the gytr throttle cover from yamahasportsplaza.com and Im thinking about getting the stator cover also would kind of match the clutch cover now.

Well its aluminum and the paint was scuffed so instead of removing it and polishing the whole thing I just taped off that part and sanded it down I did polish it some but I didnt like the shine on it so I sanded it back down.

With lots and lots of polishing it will shine like chrome and stays pretty good.I re-polish
every winter.

I hopefully should have it finished or very close this weekend I painted some more parts and got some brackets bolted on today. I just have to put the wiring on and bolt up the plastic basically.
raptor478.jpg

raptor482.jpg

Back