Rebuild of my Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spdfrk1990

Reaction score
The choke cable is broken how does it hook up exactly? Also where does the idle adjustment suppose to mount and where does this vent hose go coming off the T im guessing the carb somewhere.
Where is a good place to buy parts also factory and after market?
Im thinking about an all stainless exhaust if you can get one from the head back.
Raptor350012.jpg

Raptor350013.jpg

Raptor350014.jpg

there is a OEM guide and parts break down on bikebandit.com. You should be able to use there diagrams to trace back as to how your parts get all hooked up. The also sell some stuff OEM and aftermarket. www.scracinggear.com will sell you any part you could ever need as well and they run some realy good deals from time to time. If you order there, be sure to tell them Dean B (deadlast) sent yah. As for the exhaust, you want to buy a full kit, that will have the header and muffler.

Thanks I kind of wanted to save the stock exhaust but I couldnt get it apart so i had to cut it off :(. Im sure a full exhaust is quite a bit of money. Also the damn oil drain plug head is stripped ill prob have to weld something to it to get it off. I did order quite a few parts today from the yamaha dealer.
What exhaust system do you recommend and how much is it?

Thanks

with cheap dg you get what you pay for, im gonna say what ive heard on here before and i think deadlast is one of the people that siad it. dg= dollar general. most things on ebay for a good system i searched and found a yoshimira system for i think it was around 450. if you are gonna buy off of ebay i would suggest a pro circuit header and hmf muffler or look for a full hmf system or search the parts places for a full system. on ebay unless you get lucky like me and some other people is hard to get a good deal on something thats actually good. thats my 2cents. oh and yes i have a dg muffler but its old and is actually a super trapp

I think I might just get a newer stock pipe for now. Im going to get the frame powder coated most likely so rather put the money to that.

I also got that damn drain plug out man was it a bitch. I had to hit it with a hammer and chisel then I heated it with a propane torch then finally hammered a socket size too small on it and used the impact. I feel much better after getting that off tho.

Ohh what about skid plates guys I see yamaha makes one??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-OEM-Raptor-350-Yamaha-Engine-Frame-Skid-Plate-ATV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ac6cd401QQitemZ140331766785QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks thats not a bad price.

Does anyone know much about deleting the parking brake?
I removed the parking break lever from the bars and unbolted it from the caliper with the cable. There is a pin left in the caliper im guessing that stays there and you just get the delete cover? What is the electrical wire for coming from the clutch lever? Can I just get a new clutch lever assembly without all that for a cleaner look my stock lever is bent anyway?

Well I figured out where most the hoses go from a manual I got online. Im missing the carb overflow hose and they had the vent hose connected where the overflow suppose to go doh. I also found how the idle screw suppose to bolt up. Bought a stock muffler off ebay also that is like new for 50 bucks. Im just anxious to get it back together lots of cleaning ahead of me tho.

spdfrk1990 said:
Thanks thats not a bad price.

Does anyone know much about deleting the parking brake?
I removed the parking break lever from the bars and unbolted it from the caliper with the cable. There is a pin left in the caliper im guessing that stays there and you just get the delete cover? What is the electrical wire for coming from the clutch lever? Can I just get a new clutch lever assembly without all that for a cleaner look my stock lever is bent anyway?

Pin gets removed as well, as it's part of the parking brake assembly.
Yes you can get a new clutch lever to remove all the stuff, just have to bypass the electrical switch. (Its for the starting system)

If you want a nice but reasonably priced clutch perch and lever get an MSR with the quick adjust setup. I have one on my dual sport and it's actually, umm, call it "remarkably similar" to the $150 ASV perch and lever combos, but mine was about $30 new at the local shop.

Any of the parking brake block-off covers will work, but one thing that should be noted is when you install it you need to put some sealant on it to keep the moisture out, only a few of them come with o-rings but even with the ring i'd use sealant. Water would likely rust the piston to the caliper body if it got bad enough.

If you want good skid plates get PRM skids, hands down. Yeah, you might save 40 bucks getting one of those no-name things off ebay but they're junk in comparison. The cheaper ones are just a flat piece, not formed to the frame, and they don't wrap around to protect the front or sides of the frame. The mounting hardware is also guaranteed to rattle loose frequently and most are made of some pretty thin, useless aluminum. PRM skids come up to 1/4" thick aluminum, almost bulletproof.

There's nothing wrong with the stock exhaust either. You can get another 2 or 3 horsepower with an aftermarket pipe when properly jetted, but in all reality it's probably not that worthwhile of an investment unless you just like making noise. I race my 700R in drags and on the track and i'm still running the stock exhaust so I can keep the baffle in it when i'm trail riding so i'm not pissing off all the neighbors. Loud exhaust is a lot of the reason that so many non-riders don't like ATVs and why trail systems get closed down, people don't like the noise and complain about it then we lose more trails. It's getting hard to find a good place to ride, I bet in the last 5 years i've seen about half the places in PA close down for various reasons, and only a few new places open in that time period. I for one am willing to sacrifice a few hp's if it means helping our reputation and preserving our already scarce riding grounds.

I'll get down off my soap box now...

^ I agree and thanks for the info guys. Cant wait to get this thing all cleaned up and back together. I want to go through the shocks next can the stock units be rebuilt?

The fronts are welded units, can't be rebuilt. I'm not sure about the rears on the rappy, on the warrior they were non-rebuildable units. You could contact Race Tech/TCS and see if they rebuild and revalve the rears, they do good work for decent prices.

Where is the best place to buy the PRM skids? I checked their website for some reason they only list 06-present raptor I would think the 04 is the same though. Go with the .125 or .190?

As far as I know the only place to order them is directly through their web site. I don't know why they only have it listed as 06-up, they are all the same from 2004. They also have the warrior listed up to 2005 so they must have their years confused.

I went with .190 a-arm and belly skids on my 700 and the big .250 for the swingarm because that's what takes the most damage, the stock plastic swingarm skids are a joke. If your area isn't real rocky or if you take it easy in the rocky stuff you may be ok with just a .125. I ride pretty hard regardless of conditions so I got the heaviest stuff they make, if you ride like me I suggest you buy the same.

If you do get the PRM swing arm skid I would get one like this one that i have. It covers the swing arm linkage and everything here is a picture of it. And when I bought the warrior this swing arm skid was already on it but if you look on the side where the brake disc is the part that protects the disc is cut off for some reason. o ya and this thing is in really rough shape. Will you tell us where you find one like this if you get this one? Thanks

Swingarmskidplate.jpg

When I took the engine out today I noticed a gray looking oil on the rear lower engine mount bolt??? It only looked to be coming from inside the bolt hole. What could this be from?
Raptor359.jpg

Latest posts

Back