Rebuild of my Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow is that the same exact frame as a warrior? Looks pretty much identical.

^ Hahahahah, Yeah, you didn't know this? The rappy 350 is the the 3rd gen warrior.

The carb is gutted and soaking right now in some cleaner im also going to pull the intake boot and check the o-ring.

Boot is fine so thats not it must be the carb or only other thing I can think of is the fuel cap possibly lol. Well see on thursday though when I try it again.

Finally got the axle today.
Raptor503.jpg

Raptor507.jpg

SAAAAHHHHweeet! Whats left? Get it running yet? Have any pics of when you first got it?

Well I got it running right it was the god damn choke ughhhhhhh. Once I put back in the rigged up ass piece they had in it before it ran perfect.

The choke that was in it was the warrior choke with the handle cut off why would the warrior choke work but not my original ill post come comparison pics. I know the needle on the warrior choke is longer but it wasnt originally made for this carb or the cable one is just getting hung up. Im wondering if they put some spacer down in the carb.
carb006.jpg

carb007.jpg

I got it running great with the original choke. I rode around a bit then parked in the shade with it running and turned the pilot screw all the way in. Then I turned it out 1 turn and it wasnt nearly enough so I went to 2 turns and after each turn I would blip the throttle. 2 turns wasnt enough so I went a 1/4 more and blipped the throttle every time till I got to about 3 turns and it smoothed right out. This was after coating the choke passage good with wd40 and working the choke to get it moving really freely. Now to buff the plastic and put the skids on ill post some pics in a few minutes tho.

Latest posts

Back