Race on the 17th.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grats man, you just took the first step into a whole new life. Give it some time and who knows, new quad, sponsorship even. Btw make friends with everyone you can lol, When i first started mx I learned off what my pop taught me, but him not being into mx that wore off fast, friends that do what you do really help in your progression.

Thanks guys, o about today, wow im hurting. My back is killing me and so is my whole left arm(clutch). I thought it was going to he hard like phisical on everything on my body and everything would be killing. The only thing i really noticed was my clutch hand/arm, it was dead within the first lap. I stoped on my second to take dring and felt my arm it was all cramped up it felt like my arm was cement, it was so hard, what i didnt notice was that i thought i was pulling in the clutch during the last couple laps but i wasnt i was just riding and holding with that hand and just shifting. Yeah thats how bad my clutch was i could just shift without pulling it it and i didnt even notice it becuase i was too consentrated on my arm hurting.

Thanks for everything guys, i plan on building that other warrior and getting the money to build my up and i should be back out at the tracks in a month or two.

P.S. if anyone ever asked you guys how to prepar for a race and you say its phisicaly hard tell them to work out there clutch hand/arm like no other or you wont even be able to hold on by the end of the race, i couldnt.

I always use the clutch, I dont have money to fix anything that will break so I'm more of a better safe then sorry racer, until i'm dialed in anyways lol. but yeah if you're short on cash I wouldnt do anytihg that could cause damage over time, take that extra .5 second and pull the clutch in.

I know, im tight on cash too. I always do use the clutch it was just that my whole arm was dead and i couldnt even hold on to the bar so when i had to shift i just did it without thinking about the clutch.

as long as the transmission is unloaded or you unload it.. it will not hurt the transmission. You just have to shift it right.

You'll get different answers from different people about it. If you let off the throttle for that split second while shifting up/down, it will slide right in no problem. It's still not really GOOD for the bike. Over time it's possible to have problems. One of my sportbikes I used to have I had to replace the shift forks because of this. Eventually it just wouldn't hold second gear anymore and would pop back into neutral when you didn't want it to. Only second gear though, cause it doesn't take any pressure to pop it into N. Any other gear it wouldn't create enough pressure to push it into another gear so it would hold. You're really not very likely to have any problems, but it's generally not a "good idea" either.

idk im not too worried about it, i just want a smoother clutch. Something easy on the hand. Becuase mine is super hard right now. Harder then normal. Idk ill just get rid of this engine when i build the other warrior.

Yeah, it does happen. But your chances of having to replace them goes up that much more when you don't use the clutch.

Yeah, it does happen. But your chances of having to replace them goes up that much more when you don't use the clutch.

I think I would agree that it does up the chance of bending a shift fork. As long as your not forcing into gear..
I've found that it shifts better or if you time it right it just slides right into gear in my opinion, better then using the clutch sometimes.

Yeah, like I said I usually let of the throttle for a split second to shift up/down without the clutch and it slides right in no problem. In all the years with bikes and quads I've only ever had one tranny problem (knock on wood) which pretty much sums up the chances of damage. Its possible, but not very likely. If your arms are tired and you're hanging on for dear life, to hell with the clutch..lol.

Latest posts

Back