Race on the 17th.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
Gosh im soo excited. My first harescamble is on the 17th. Ive been preparing for ever. I know im probly going to place really bad if i even finish so im just going out there for the fun of it just to get a taist for it.

But i was wondering what should i do to my bike to make sure its ready.

Heres what im doing so far:
-change front and back brakes
-fill and bleed brake fluid
-change oil and oil filter
-clean and wax chain
-putting on full skid plates, A-arms, chassis, swing arm.

Heres a pic of her now Ill update when i get the skids on.
handguard4.jpg

The handle bars and the light mounting bar is bent in this pic BTW, i just fixed thouse, havent had time to get a new pic since.

Well what else do you guys think i should do?

Put electrical grease on electrical connections? so no moisture can ruin your fun... I have to put it on my CDI plugs once and awhile

grease everything..if its going to be muddy put duct tape on your bumper and then put tape from your hood down to your bumper..sont go out there to win your first, dont get to aggressive..just ride your first race at a good pace

grease everything..if its going to be muddy put duct tape on your bumper and then put tape from your hood down to your bumper..sont go out there to win your first, dont get to aggressive..just ride your first race at a good pace

Whats the duct tape for?

the tape keeps mud out of your radiator if you have a water cooled bike but a warrior is air cooled you shouldnt have to do it. i would get some 6 ply front tires too if you have the money.

make sure your carrier bolts and axle nuts are nice and tight, check when you lube the chain and adjust slack. motor mount bolts, and the upper mounts have a habit of cracking. i would actualy go over every bolt within reach. maybe the valves too, just to make sure she is running tip top. o yeah, good luck and have fun man.

You going to remove the headlights before the race? Best of luck with it and have fun.

Cool, I have my first of this season this Sunday. Just have fun man, you'll be ok. You're going to be all nerves, but try your hardest to stay relaxed. The more tense you are the faster you'll wear yourself out. Without realizing it you'll have a deathgrip on the bars...lol. Just relax and ride, think of it as a poker run and you'll last a lot longer. Good luck man.....

the tape on a warrior is to keep the weigth down cause sometimes if your lucky the tape will fall off....also spray all plastics with "pam the cooking oil" this way all that mud will not be stuck to the fenders and it makes everything a lot easier to clean off......if you are riding in some heat i HIGHLY recomend a camelback because you def. do not wanna hydrate yourself out and black out or something along those lines.....hope the race is fun....one more hint of advice...carry some tape and a extra tie rod if you happen to have a spare....ty rods are good for a long of thing if something breaks....my 2 cents

Thanks everybody,

Im acutaly broke right now because all the insertion fees and the **** i just bought. So i cant get the tires or a tie rod for a back up.

If its muddy ill do the tape thing and the pam on the plastics.

I always ride with a camelback and a tool belt with the most used sized toos. for liek the carrier and the wheele bolts and what not. Then a set of plyer and a monkey wrench for my axle nuts because they always seem to come undone. Then a spark plug and some oil and a tie down, just incase i get stuck and someone is nice enough to pull me out.

Anything else i should put in Batmans untillity belt(my friends named it that when i started pulling everything they needed out of it)?

I also wear fox boots, shift pants/jursy, and no fear gloves, with okley o frame gogles and tear aways. Then oviously my helmet. Anything i need? Cant aford a chest protector right now, but i plan on getting one for the future, i might not though, everyone tells me there pointless. Are they?

i would take the lights off if i was you..gets them out of the way and there not collecting mud..also a good chance of them getting broke..the series your racing doesnt require a tether? Mine does.

in my mind a chest protector is great....unless you liek roost in the chest??? if so dont bother if not you will be thanking yourself when another guy pins it and gives you a little stone spray sandwitch right in the chest......my 2 cents....hope the race goes great

yeah how much is it for the unidilla race, i wanted to come down to that with my team mate to eather watch the xc1 and 2 pro classes or race in it(the lower classes).

not sure of the cost but GNCC and the series i race are the same weekend there..so i wanna do the GNCC sport class..not sure about the fee..i might not even have a warrior by then

Latest posts

Back