oil cooler idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you guys think this cooler would work with a big bear set up. do you think it would cool enough oil to make a differance.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-Al...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
wonder if that would fit on the downtube of the frame? then you could it to another cooler under you hood then the return line. Don't know how well it will do on it's own it only has 2 passes threw it where the normal one has 4. But anything is better then nothing

Just wondering, does anyone have a schematic of the oil gallies?
I haven't looked at mine at all, but am wondering if there is a bypass of some sort. As in, how much goes to the filter, and how much goes to the clutch cover galley, from the pump? I find it hard to believe all of the oil from the pump goes directly through the cover galley.

When it comes to high volume pumps, consider that in a high RPM automotive application, a stock pan can be sucked dry with a HV pump...can lead to other nightmares...

Just wondering, does anyone have a schematic of the oil gallies?
I haven't looked at mine at all, but am wondering if there is a bypass of some sort. As in, how much goes to the filter, and how much goes to the clutch cover galley, from the pump? I find it hard to believe all of the oil from the pump goes directly through the cover galley.

When it comes to high volume pumps, consider that in a high RPM automotive application, a stock pan can be sucked dry with a HV pump...can lead to other nightmares...

Motoarts Is right. The motor i putting together for my 88 fox stang, i put a HV pump in it with a Deep sump 7 quart pan and deep sump pickup tube.

Somewhere on here Dave76 posted a pic of the entire oil system and where is goes on a warrior motor.

I havent heard of any bigger and better pumps being made for the warrior. I think the stock one would be just fine.

Latest posts

Back