oil cooler idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the weilders today tanks finished but he's still got to put the plumbing fittings and drain/fill plugs here are some pics of it so far

IMG_20110331_153935.jpg

IMG_20110331_153950.jpg

looks good, and even though your exhaust is wrapped, i think the oil in the tank is gonna get hot as hell near the pipe

should look reall nice when its all polished, but thats a lot of plumbing lol

Still waiting on the weilder shop on a side note I tlked to my motor builder/machineist mr jesup and he said back when he road raced motor cycles he did exactly what I'm doing with his racebikes and he said that it worked flawless

if it's not chambered oil will just fill it then the hot oil will just flow in and right out with the cooler/thicker oil acting like a wall so it can take the fast track right out. I may be mistaken but just my thought

The oil gose from the cooler to the tank and it should do fine with all the vibrations and jars and shaking it all should circulate just like its supposed to but the next one I'm building myself ef those welders ill build the next one myself and it will be EXACTLY how I want it and I may just sell em but I don't think any one would buy em so it may stay a one off part got my cooler mounted and tested it and hot dam that's a nice mod!! I guess I've never felt it actualy pull at its max it actualy kindof sceared me! HAHA

damn, looks slick. How much that hold? Stock pump gunna be able to cycle all of it? I agree on the heat from the pipe, its still gunna heat the oil some.

The tank will hold close to 2 quarts and ya its going to be able to cycle it with the check valves in place and all and I'm going to get some of that heat wrap that comes in rolls and has glue on the back side (like what's on the oem fuel tank) and that should keep all the heat away. I need 2 $40 check valves and I can start using it!! So excited but first I got to finish paying for the tank it ended up costing aheck of a lot more then they said it would :/

Latest posts

Back