oil cooler idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say mount the fan behind the cooler so it pulls the air thru while at idle and slow trails then when u get up to speed the air will still rush in since your going faster....

Pretty much a computer fan. And that's the same cooler Dave(?) was running on his 446. Looks like similiar size to mine. I really Like that procomp 7" fan 500cfi and 24$ I may just have to buy one and try it plus it looks stronger then those other ones

Last edited:
Nope I'm going to do it all in one shabang cooler external oil tank braided lines gauges and a fan if I can ever find one that will work

yeah id say run your quad with the cooler on first, and then see what you think.
but how is that external tank gonna work? is it gonna be with the output of your cooler running into the tank then the tank going to the engine?

Last edited:
Yes sir that's the plan I'm going to run 3 gauges one as motor temp one as cooler temp and one as tank temp I'm going to make air ducts that. Will fit under the hood and dirrect air flow through the grill and to the cooler I'm taking the tank mak up to the welders shop today to see what they say on weather thay can make it for me u was thinking about adding tooling fins to the side of the oil tank to see if that will cool it any more

3 temp gauges? whynot just add another exhaust temp carb temp gas temp airbox temp fuel ratio gauge oil pressure volts amps.

but your doning the clutch cover cooler. id say mount that cooler flush rigth under the fins in the hood. but idont know if that would allow enough room for the fans as well

DRW, just a thought on the tank.
When the quad is sitting still, not running, the fill level in the crankcase is going to want to seek its own level with the tank. The tank will only hold as much as the horizontal "full" level in the engine. So it will depend on the height of the tank as to how much it will actually hold. Kinda looks like it will work out fine from your pics, especially if the Big Bear cap is used (since the cap sits low).
I still like the idea, good thinking!

Last edited:
DRW, just a thought on the tank.
When the quad is sitting still, not running, the fill level in the crankcase is going to want to seek its own level with the tank. The tank will only hold as much as the horizontal "full" level in the engine. So it will depend on the height of the tank as to how much it will actually hold.
I still like the idea though, good thinking!

Only if it dosent have a check valve but in theory it should hold a vacume and not leave the tank but its a atv everything gets hammered pritty good and might not hold a perfect vacume

so iny our build id the tank supposed ti be always full or what? and the more and more i think about this i cant see the need for the tank

Yes the tank will always be full the check valve won't let oil through unless its under pressure and I'm doing it so that the oil will be cooler and so I don't haveto chainge oil as offten and plus it gives me another one off peice

Back