No spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah yes i forgot about the bolt holding the collar thingy and the cover on.
need a socket that fits it and a good ratchet and a breaker bar (and someway to keep the engine from turning over) or as i alweays do just use a impact wrench if you got one

if you have a wrench big enough, you can put a wrench over the "collar" to keep the engine from spinning while taking the flywheel bolt out if you dont have a an impact. i believe the bolt is 17mm but i cant remember what size the collar took

ya its a 17mm. On mine when i did it i stuck the socket wrench on it and hit the wrench with a hammer and it broke loose.

jareddd96 said:
will do also it says it helps to run mid grade or premium gas in it for added performance and itll run smoother so i think im going to try that.

On this im running 91 octane with some Lucas oil octane booster

I just took the old one out put the new one in then splice the plug onto the new wires

Tyler said:
It runs smoother with the octane booster.

higher octane fuel burns slower. the slower it urns the more pressure builds up inside the cylinder to mush the piston down. the lower the octane the fast and more of a explosion you get (hints to the slightly rougher running). but the deal is you've gotta be careful in running high octane fuel and adding octane booster. it will delay the igniting of the fuel (or in some cases make it ignite sooner) if it's delayed to long you loose a **** load of power. if it ignites to soon it could suddenly change the rotation of the crank and do some serious damage.
now personally I'm not willing to take the chance on any of that. the ONLY thing i run 91 octane fuel in is my DR and the blaster i just sold. i run mid grade in my 2 crotch rockets and low grade in everything else and i wouldn't recommend running 91 octane and octane booster mis in anything unless it's modded out the ass.
if anything I'd run low grade and then mix the booster in with it (booster is VERY good for engines! cleans the valve seats and all that)

now this is all from my own 19year experience in being a mechanic and hot rodding chevies :)

if it needs to be explained farther let me know ;) i'll do my best.

you run octane booster in your quad? not smart! You should pour some sugar in there too while your at it. I run mine on 93 but its got the high comp piston and all. Pump or 89 and you'll be find, don't ad that garbage to your gas either, its turns to gunk if you don't run it through fast enough and it has been proven that it really doesn't add anything.

thats what i'm saying... if anything run it ONCE every 6 months or year and run it in one tank and dont let it sit. it cleans if it's run right

Agreed, octane booster is useless. Only thing I could ever see a reason to use it is if you need higher octane fuel and the right stuff isn't available in the area. 87 or 89 is fine on a stock machine, if you need to run anything higher you have other problems.

Latest posts

Back