No spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jareddd96

Reaction score
I'm not getting any spark.. It's not the spark plug.. tried replacing that... it eventually ran after turning it over a bunch of times being jumped by a car. But after an hour it shut off and wouldn't start.. any ideas?

Might be the trigger thats what went wrong with mine, except after it stopped it wouldn't start again.

It is under the stator side cover i controls when to tell the cdi to spark the spark plug. When it is not working you have no spark. When it happened to mine i was riding non stop for like 2-3 hours and turned it off, let it sit about 30 mins then when i went to start it i had no spark. Well finaly i found a place called ricksmotorsportelectrics.com sent them my stator, the little trigger and everything down it there. The checked all the parts for $10 told me what was wrong, gave me the option to buy the parts from them or just have them send it back and me buy the parts myself. So i just went ahead and bought the trigger from them. When i got it back i put it all back together and it fired right up! Here is a trigger i found on ebay, and the one from ricksmotorsportelectrics.com

Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YFM-350-250-PICK-UP-PULSAR-TRIGGER-COIL-WARRIOR_W0QQitemZ390137088170QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad5fb88aa

ricksmotorsportelectrics.com: http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=21-503&pmc=MDBZYW1ZRk0zNTBXQVJSSU9S

thanks, could it just be the coil though? i dont want to spend $75 and find out im doing the wrong thing.. my friends dad said to see if theres electric getting to the coil and to go from there

easiest way is just do what i did and send it all to ricks and have them check it all over.

well i have a coil here that i replaced when my trigger went out that i will sell you if you want it. I thought that it might just be the coil, but come to find out it was the trigger.

Ahh crap im not really sure, but mine is off a 2000 warrior, so we can ask some of the other guy on here and see if they know because i don't know.

Ya thats what i would have guessed.... i dont see why they make the exact same fourwheeler for 15 years or whatever it has been and only change the electronics?? Why not have the same electrical system on all??

That really sucks i wouldn't think you would be having any electrical problems already since its so new.

Latest posts

Back