new parts **CLEARCOAT**

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote:s827ceb9]i started the Hubs!!!!!!

Doesn't look like yamaha blue. Looks like "grandma's station wagon" blue.[/quote:s827ceb9]

actually its ford pick-up blue

[quote:9ezp7evr]i started the Hubs!!!!!!

Doesn't look like yamaha blue. Looks like "grandma's station wagon" blue.[/quote:9ezp7evr]

it wll get darker with more coats and because im doing black on the outer edges

[quote:zpzvq752]... i think you should slap some shock covers on there to cover up the yellow ones though..

^^agreed![/quote:zpzvq752]

vinny i thought you didnt like shock covers

I don't but rather than buy new shocks right now, that's the only alternative except to include some yellow in the color scheme- which we might end up doing anyway. I am playing with a few things in photoshop to see what I like.

And on closer inspection the color we used on the hubs is way off from Yami Blue. It's tough to get the right color working from memory.

Tomorrow I will take the light gap cover with be to get a different color.... and make sure it matches this time!!

well the yamaha blue..is called deep purplish blue... in the code 583...r u can get deep purlish blue metallic..in the paint code 564...in u can buy it from here..
http://www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactoryColors.php?appID%5B%5D=148&typeID=3&appYear=2003&appManuf=Yamaha&IsStreet=&IsDirt=&imageField.x=43&imageField.y=8

in here's how the deep purlish blue metallic look's i just painred my a-arms in some other stuff whit it...
raptorr456.jpg

raptor6789.jpg

After several coats, this color will be much closer. Not an exact match, but I think the hubs are far enough away from the plastics, that the color difference won't be as noticable.

[quote:wqrzhowi]

capacity.gif

where do you come up with this stuff? You have a smart-ass image for every occasion ::)[/quote:wqrzhowi]

I guess I'm just good at what I do.

You guys are killing me though. I have to wait days for someone to post something I can reply with some of this stuff to....

Back