My '03 Blaster Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the shocks look a little long for the a arms. Got a question here for you. I know your having the top end redone for this, and don't know the cost but prefornace/cost wise do you think a yz250 motor would be cheaper and have more power. Or maybe even a yz490. Just wondering what you think

the shocks are actually yfz triple rates. they would be too long for regular travel arms, but these arms are long travel.

either the yz250 or yz490 would be a damn good swap for a blaster. the performance would be a world of difference. however, they are not a direct bolt-on. so i really don't know the cost. it could differ. i would opt for one of those engines, but i don't wanna cut the frame or anything. just not practical for me either.

Last edited:
you should powder coat the frame and swing arm black while its apart, that would be slick. and with the size of the cooling fins on the 200 you should be able to fit a 250 two smoker in there pretty clean. and where is that guy located that you were talking about kinda curious for my 440 (polaris snomo) maybe

a yz250 would fit in nicely, but you can't just bolt them in and go. what guy are you talking about? i'm lost...

Last edited:
i was reading through this and you ,entioned someone you were going to take it to do porting and work

Holy crazzap dude. Makin another bad ass quad egh?

I think is your shocks. Tad to long, looks like you can drop the load on them.

Holy crazzap dude. Makin another bad ass quad egh?

I think is your shocks. Tad to long, looks like you can drop the load on them.

trying too. the shocks are fine for the arms. it's adjusted like i want it, but i may move the upper heims out just a bit more before i'm done.

Dude that thing looks great. Ive seen a few blasters with this setup and it looks fine to me. I bet she's got all kinds of travel too.

one step closer

before:

100_0934.jpg

100_0932.jpg

100_0928-1.jpg

after:

100_0969.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0973.jpg

gotta give a big thank you to Ken O'Connor. his work is amazing as you can see. i can't wait to get this installed.

next on the list is to get an exhaust ordered.

so, i made some more progress today. really just mocked these parts up before i do a leakdown on it.

100_0984.jpg

i think i'm gonna have to go with a different airtube/carb coupler too. don't think this one is going to cut the mustard.
100_0985.jpg

100_0986.jpg

now, you guys can give me some suggestions. i didn't get any mounts with this airbox. how can i mount this side? i was thinking maybe a metal strap wrapped around the down tube w/ a bolt through it.

100_0987.jpg

oh yeah, look at what the brown truck dropped off today.

100_0988.jpg

100_0989.jpg

100_0990.jpg

a full set of dunlop kt390 series tires. 21x7x10 fronts and 20x10x9 rears. f**cking badass for dunlops imo. my gold warrior wheels will be fitted with these. got them from RMATV for mad cheap too. check 'em out while their still in stock.

I agree with your idea to mount the airbox, use the strap and put the bolt though the hole that is there already. Then I would do the same on the other side.

Back