My '03 Blaster Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonS

Reaction score
i originally posted this on blasterforum, but i figured i'd show you guys my new project too. paid only 400 bucks and it's complete.

100_3095.jpg

100_3096.jpg

100_3097.jpg

100_3098.jpg

as you can see it already has a few mods on it. Tusk nerf bars, FMF Gold Series w/ Powercore 2, DG grab bar, and apparently something from Boysen (reeds i assume), Pro Design Filter, and 18" Turf Tamers out back.

this is going to be a major learning experience for me since it's my 1st 2 stroke in about 14-15 years. gonna bounce between here and blasterforum to try and figure out what i need to do to get it running.

btw, i'll be finishing the warrior before digging into this too far.

Last edited:
heck yeah, im pretty stoked about it. want to get it running and then start making it better.

Fix it, sell it and use the money for a real quad......like ur warrior.

cant beat a nice 240 kit

that's the plan. gonna get it running good first. then i'll eventually get the +3 Vito's Crank and the 240 Jug and Head. i figure 32+hp in a Blaster will be plenty.

Fix it, sell it and use the money for a real quad......like ur warrior.

yeah, yeah, yeah...

knew that was coming for some reason. i still got love for the warrior, but im gonna take a break from it here shortly. got a few remaining parts for it on their way to me and then it'll be close to done.

Last edited:
I had a blaster almost like that but it was white and it was stolen lol. Pretty fun machines. Split the cases on that and rebuilt the whole thing. Its easy once its open.

1st off... whats wrong with it?

well, i'll know when i run a compression test on it. i feel like it's the topend, but it could easily be the reeds. still has the problematic oil injection too so i gotta get a block off for it.
the plastics look better but mechanical drum brakes SUCK

x2 on the drum brakes. the only thing different about the plastic is the nose and of course the headlight.

'03+ have hydro disk brakes. '88-'02 have mechanical drum front and mechanical disk back

did a couple things yesterday. pulled the heel guards and painted the wheels.

100_0780.jpg

100_0779.jpg

100_0778.jpg

hopefully i'll get the compression test done and carb cleaned today.

that's the plan. gonna get it running good first. then i'll eventually get the +3 Vito's Crank and the 240 Jug and Head. i figure 32+hp in a Blaster will be plenty.

yeah, yeah, yeah...

knew that was coming for some reason. i still got love for the warrior, but im gonna take a break from it here shortly. got a few remaining parts for it on their way to me and then it'll be close to done.
it will b really hard to get 32+hp out of a blaster i dont think that it will b even 25 hp bc if it was 32 that would b more then a yfz450 has stock

Looks good but get some brake cleaner and spray off the over spray on the tires. Would love to have found that for my kids to ride. Your a lucky guy.

Latest posts

Back