What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's straight, I just put all new Yamaha bolts on my rear carrier so hopefully that helps. It worked fine though for like a week till I decided since you guys said it was fine to jump.
The warrior holds up except for jumping, I'm just not going to risk it anymore and only use my blaster.

Take a pic of your carrier setup. Past members had carriers that people cut the spacer tube off. Your may be one of them

I will tomorrow, I don't feel like going to my barn tonight. What spacer should I be looking for though?

its a yfz450 stocker ... i have the same pipe on mine

picture.php

How much longer do you expect to get out of those tires?! Haha

It's not stock I don't think, it's yellow but I had another warrior that was 100% stock and the suspension on this feels way better. I over torqued the 1st bolt and it snapped so I learned not to do that. Weight wise well there isn't any weight saving stuff on the warrior but I weigh 145lbs so I wouldn't consider myself fat.

I dont understand why your bolt is shearing right there, i would expect the shear to be applied towards the head more. What are you using to tighten it? You could be applying a torsional shear then when you ride it comes apart. Ive never even had this problem

I've been using a torque wrench, but I'm pretty sure I'm not over torquing. It only started snapping after I built a jump which isn't even big maybe a bit taller than 1ft, I guess I should start looking into Works.

then something isn't right at all. i've landed right on the back wheels vertical 6ft drop to flat and never bent or broken anything. is it a nice fit in side of the carrier or is it sloppy. if its sloppy and lose go get a oem bolt and go with that

Well I just put an oem one in since the grade 8 snapped. It was a snug fit for both though, I think even though my suspension feels fine maybe it's time for an upgrade atleast the rear.

Just put sparkys clutch cover mod on and added my hayden oil cooler and added 98s light cover on will post some pics tomorrow just have to add another hose an will be done! Plus put a new oneway starter bearing in and a vitos key in too see how she runs tomorrow when I get another hose to add on thought I had one in the garage not lol! Thanks sparky and 98 for the mods!

Put the freshly rebuilt and re jetted carb on the duchess. Changed the oil and filter in the dutchman. Took a short rip on the zinger too! This is a very rare time in my shop.....all three of my machines actually run!

Back