Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could very well be wrong on that, but I always though it went, filter to head then gears. If it flows the other way around then yeah, you'd be right.

Lemme see what I can find.

yeah, becasue what i herd is the clutch cover tap is done mainly for big bore strokers, where they need more oil to the crank bearings, considerng the oil galley that you have to make for the clutch tap goes rigth to wher the crank is right? and the big bear has the pump farther back near the tranny?

does the oil flow from the tranny to the head or head to the tranny, that would tell you what system works better at cooling what.

I always thought head down to Tranny.

well no matter what the oil from the tranny goes to the the head and crank, but are you talking which way? because i believ it flows from the clutch side to the stator side, by the head, theres the one head bolt hole theat the oil flows up, then it falls down the cam chani area to the other side, but i dont know exactly how the oil flows through out the engine

Not that I have seen. Looks nice and strong though. So does the oil flow through a coiling system within that tube?

im guessing so. it says that they cool better than a standard transmission cooler. i might order it.

Hey Deadlast I just looked on summit and they dont have any thin lined ones for that much. Does it matter which one i get? Never done it before but i get the jist of it and my bike's shifting is bad..

If its shifting bad then you might want to check ur clutch pull. If you go to any autozone get the smallest tranny cooler kit they sell. I got mine for like 35 bucks and it came with 1 4ft rubber oil line so you will need another one. Depending which cooler u wanna run the prices will differ. The clutch cover cooler will be the cheapest(90bucks or so) The big bear cooler will be pricey but much more simpilar to do.

Hey Deadlast I just looked on summit and they dont have any thin lined ones for that much. Does it matter which one i get? Never done it before but i get the jist of it and my bike's shifting is bad..

When is the last time to oil has been changed? What brand and kind are you running? Its not recommended to run regular car oil in a wet clutch system like these are.

Go to page 18. And there was a few for around 50 on summit racing.com. But I didn't know which one to be buying. My bikes in need of an oil change and its been getting really hot riding around. Plus I would like to get one to cool it down. Hey by the way what kind of brake fluid do you put in the war dogs?? I've dot 4 is that right?

That is part of the problem with the hard shifting, get some good motorcycle oil, oreilys has some and get a filter and get that oil changed it will help. Dot 4 should work, dot is fine too, dunno if you can mix them though. But should be able to.

Damn I'm just learning about my bike. Where in the world is the oil filter at? lol this is pretty sad. I thought that I knew alot about it.

right next to the shifter. the cover is held on by 3 allen wrench bolts that are on in a triangle pattern. its actually where the big bear cooler bolts on.

Yes you replace that at every oil change do a search here there is a service manual give it a good read. It will help.

Latest posts

Back