Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was wandering if you could send the blueprints for the setup of the oil cooler for the warrior, the ones on the web page seem not to be working. I'm trying to figure out which way would be the easiest way to install the oil cooler. My email is [email protected] thanks

i was also wondering if someone could send the blueprints for the setup of the oil cooler for the warrior, they do not seem to be working on the web page. I just need them for reference. My email is [email protected] thanks

So I just read through this post again and I'm still missing some ****......I plan on doing a clutch cover setup. I have the oil cooler and lines. Questions. Where do I drill the holes and certain spot. How dose it make a cycle if there is two openings and no flow direction? where can I buy the 90 degree fittings....what size. I would love for a pic of the inside of the drilled clutch cover.

One more quick question. Can you drill it so that one hole is in the oil gally and one is not? Will it work the same? Also, is there any drilling that takes place on the inside of the case. I cant understand what there were talking about on page 4...the way I read it is that the bottom of the gally on the inside of the case gets a hole drilled in it.......but dosent oil get in there anyways? Is the hole just to make the oil flow better/faster?

Both holes need to be drilled in the oil gally. The hole at the bottom is already there, u r just using it to drill a small pilot hole through the outside of the cover. Once u have drilled the small hole u use it as refernce point to mark where the next hole will be drilled in the outside of the clutch cover so it will line up with the oil gally. U r not making the existing hole at the bottom any bigger.

You need to make sure you only tap into the galley, you don't go all the way through into the inside of the casing. The bottom hole you use the small oil squirter hole as a pilot hole to center the main hole. You do not want to be drilling any holes through the inner wall of the casing.

Guys thanks for all the info, learned alot, I have two 2003 warriors one for me and one for wife. I am going to do this mod, we live in florida and it gets real hot here.

I have been reading over and over on the mod, i have decided to do the cover mod, however what is the liquid steel for?

the liquid steel blocks the oil galley off from a direct flow so the the oil has to travel through the lines and the fins/cooler and back into the case. It makes a break in the galley so it can flow through your cooler.

by looking at the pics, does this fill in the small hole that you use to guide where to drill in the cover, I have not seen a cover off yet, so little confused, did not know if this like building a small wall in the gally.

Re-read through this post....page four show the inside of the cover. DONT fill in any hole....use the liquid steel sort of as a damn between the top and bottom holes that you drill on the outside of the cover.

1. Take cover off
2. use small oil hole in bottom of gally as a guide to outside hole.
3. Make bottom whole bigger on outside of cover
4. measure 1.5-2 in up in-line with the galley and drill top hole
5. use liquid steel (in through top hole) to make a damn between galley holes you just drilled
6. attach fittings and lines

Super easy!

$92 at Summit Racing.

Perma Cooler (5"x12.5") / Part number; PRM-1010.....$27.88
6' S.S. braided hose / Part number; SUM-230606.....$23.95
2 - Endura 1/8" adapters (case adapters) / Part number; RUS-660451.....$9.90
2 - 90 bend end / Part number; SUM-220687B.....$23.90

(hoping i like the 90 bends and they dont stick out to far but ill have to wait till
I get them on)

P3090010.jpg

I know the threads old n all but yeah.
sure wish I could see more pics of the big bear setup... mainly just to see it more, the filter adaptor and all. I dont need em, I got her all figured out.. seriously everything was explained for both methods like 6 times.. haha

anyways, just wondering if anyone did those comparision tests between the two setups and vs stock in regards to temp differences/effectiveness in real world applications.

The only thing I didnt quite comprehend was that the bigbear setup only uses extra oil...?
I was wondering what it would be like to fill the machine with oil afterwards, as I had this idea in my head that all the oil would flow/seep back down the lines and into the case once shes shut down and stopped pumping... but you guys all say it works, so thats well enough for me...

maybe the hints where in the oil system blueprints that I never got to see.. *Wink wink nudge*

another thing I was wondering is if anyone has considered testing the oil pressure between the 2 setups and stock? I mean technicaly it should be good right, maybe an extra second or two to build up, but once htere, well, pressure is equal in everydirection..

meh, just curious about those things. I think I'll be going the big bear route once I get around to her.. the temp of my machine was always a concern when I first got it running, although it seems much better now.. still...

thanks again everyone for the great wealth of information!

lynxgen said:
anyways, just wondering if anyone did those comparision tests between the two setups and vs stock in regards to temp differences/effectiveness in real world applications. yeah i have seen some numbers at one point.. i believe it was on bluetraxx.com ... im thinking the motor ran like 40* cooler with an oil cooler, but i dont know how they compare to eachother

I was wondering what it would be like to fill the machine with oil afterwards, as I had this idea in my head that all the oil would flow/seep back down the lines and into the case once shes shut down and stopped pumping... but you guys all say it works, so thats well enough for me... i think this is kinda like holding your finger over a straw

another thing I was wondering is if anyone has considered testing the oil pressure between the 2 setups and stock? I mean technicaly it should be good right, maybe an extra second or two to build up, but once htere, well, pressure is equal in everydirection.. not sure how you would test oil pressure in the stock setup?

meh, just curious about those things. I think I'll be going the big bear route once I get around to her.. its your choice but dont be afriad of the clutch cover setup.. its cheaper and IMO better...

the temp of my machine was always a concern when I first got it running, although it seems much better now.. still... it will run soooooo much cooler with a cooler... youll be amazed

thanks again everyone for the great wealth of information! no problem let us know what else you need

The big deference between the two is the oil flow and where/when. The clutch cover tap cools and sends the oil back directly into the case and gears a lot faster then the big bear setup. Big bear sends and receives through the same spot, the filter, and the filer is one of the last stops on the route of flow, away from the gearing.

Big Bear, cools the head and piston a bit better.
Clutch cover, cools the transmission and internals a bit better and faster too.

ohhh, i thought it woulda been oppisite with the clutch cover tap doing more of the crank piston sylinder etc, and the big bear being more tranny oriented, btw...

Back