warrior doesnt wanna start??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do it this way... Make sure the cam gear is pointing at the notch in the head. Turn the head upside down and stablize it with blocks of wood (or whatever you have). Then, pour some solvent, or the used oil ON top on the valves. After you have done that, look into the holes where the carb and the exhaust bolt to. If the fluid you poured onto the valves is in there then one or both of the valves are not sealing correctly and need replacing. In the one pic you posted the exhaust valve doesn't appear to be seating. Looked like there was some space between it and the valve seat.

ohh there is space. put it upto the light. (looked in the exhaust hole) and you can see right out the valve

I would check the intake too. We pour solvent in the runner where the carb hooks up and in the runner where the exhaust hooks up. You are already apart so make sure it didn't hit too.

As far as the tool you need, it is a spring compressor. I don't know that you could do it with a c clamp unless it was modified on the spring end.

I would check the intake too. We pour solvent in the runner where the carb hooks up and in the runner where the exhaust hooks up. You are already apart so make sure it didn't hit too.

As far as the tool you need, it is a spring compressor. I don't know that you could do it with a c clamp unless it was modified on the spring end.

that side seems to be fine. so its just the exhuast. not really sure on how to go about taken it out tho? (in the most easy way that i can remember) so i can put it back together when i get another valve.

it looks like you have to take the spring off 1st.. but then again isnt the rocker arm in the way of taken it out

Have local shop replace and reseat the valves or send your head to midway

i have been thinking on it. about going to the shop and see how much a new valve would cost and for them to put it in. but the last time i went there the old guy told me to go to yamaha (what isnt even in my city) so cant really go there

UPDATE: just went to the shop to see what it would cost to replace it.. and he tells me they dont work on yamaha's... but yet theres a older yamaha warrior sitting outfront like wtf.

so if i were to do this what all would i need? (things that are the cheapest and that i could maybe get on ebay)

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/ATV-Par...ressor&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Warr...s_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_1182wt_905

and you have the valve seals

or can drive up to ottawa i have a head here i'd let go for 50bucks with good valve just bolt it on and add you cam/covers ... and its back you riding

theres still a matter of fact on how to get the rocker arm out of the way? it looks like you have to remove it in order to get at the spring. (im not saying im gonna do this.. but i just seen a video on youtube with some1 who bent a valve then bent it back,) he said in 15yrs he has never bought a valve only just bent it back if it wasnt bent to bad?. well that really work tho?

and that sounds like a good deal,but i traded my car awhile ago for this warrior. so that would proly be like a 5yr bike ride.. or like $80 for a train

i know i said i wouldnt do that ^ what i seen on youtube. but i did seeing how it wasnt bent alot. so i did what that person did and open it and bent it back. (but it still doesnt set all the way down.. theres a crack of light. when i hold it upto the light, but it looks better then what it was.. will it work tho?

no thats not going to work .... i can you get a ride to like brockville? maybe i can meet you you might have to pay for the gas tho

still a lil to far for me. im gonna try pushin it back over a lil bit more and put it on the bike and see wht happens (if it works great if not ill just keep it on till i can get a new one).

and do you know how much it would be to ship? either with ups or canada post?

Bending the valve back will not work. I have seen guys try it and it cost them an engine when the head popped off from the stress. Why don't you just save a little money and do it right??? I see guys do this crap all the time and by the time the nickel and diming gets done, they could have done it right and saved money in the long run.

I can relate to money being tight, but all the down time in the world is not worth not fixing it right once. Add up how much you have gotten to ride. Add up all the nickels and dimes this has cost you. Is it going to be worth it when you are done?? You will end up frustrated. Do it right man!!!

Edit: If you search e-bay there is one of those spring compressors for $27. As far as the rockers, you will need a slide hammer of some sort with a 6mm x 1 thread on it to screw into the rocker pins. By the time you do all that you could buy the head from Bones and be done with it. Do it right!!! You were so close the first time and wouldn't listen. Now look how deep of a mess you are in!!

Last edited:
Dam bones your a good dude!, thats 1 hell of an offer for him to deliver Dillion!!!! 6 hr round trip? dillion id jump at that, bones id reconsider! thats if i did my geography correct. dillion a new valve $17 shipped? and your still gonna **** around? all i can do is quote genpat...........:popcorn: I was gonna rent a movie, no need, this is better!:iagree:

i know how it is sometimes but i was taught growing up if you do it right the first time then you wont go back and have to redo it. You can rent a valve spring compressor for free at autozone, that might work. I mean what have you got to lose buddy? I want to see this thing rip so bad! lol

its a little over 2h drive but i drive half way there every weekend so if he wants to go 100 for head to the door... im down maybe i'll even give him a hand with his starter issue ( for an extra 20 i'll throw in a starter clutch)

what are you talking about @mrjim0214 i was gonna order the parts from ebay.

then i seen that video on youtube. so i copy him.. and the valve looked fine again. i just got done putting the bike back together again and unlike his bike who started after a few kicks.. mine did not. hit the start and it just spins, back if i keep giving it gas after awhile it backfires again (if i hold the gas wide open) it does not backfire, only just spins! (i know my intake manifold isnt the best as it has a crack in it and is taped up) i dont think that should bother it

for the head.. what year of warrior was it off of?, if you could guaranteed the bike would start/run fine afterwards i may be interested for 100 (as just for the shop to re-seat/rim my front tire to spot the slow leak was $45) so 100 to have it working again where it wont break on the trail i could do. but i dont really wanna spend $100 and be no where

Cracked intake too??!! Man you need to back up and slow down here. Why in the hell do you insist on clusterf**king this thing back together. If money is that tight sounds like you need to just part it out and find another hobby. There are just too many little things you keep finding that are going to lead to one big mess.

Good luck getting anyone to guarantee anything with you on the wrench!!!

Cracked intake too??!! Man you need to back up and slow down here. Why in the hell do you insist on clusterf**king this thing back together. If money is that tight sounds like you need to just part it out and find another hobby. There are just too many little things you keep finding that are going to lead to one big mess.

Good luck getting anyone to guarantee anything with you on the wrench!!!

that has been there since i got the bike (the guy never told me about it.. well he never told me about Aloot of things), theres a few other things wrong too but they wouldnt stop the bike from workin. and like i said before i buy and sell stuff. so once this bike is back working good i plan on selling it. im already getting offers for it the way it sits but i have put way to much coin into this to take their offers. looking to at least get my money back from it when i sell (out of all the things i have had this bike has the most problems),

hell.. even the 200cc offshore atv i had was working better then this bike and all i had to do on it was get a new battery nd rear bearing/seals, then i ended up selling it for $1000

Back