so who's "selling" their guns before the assault weapons ban?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about federal law... all i know is any son of a bitch that breaks into my house better make sure he is right with god before he kicks my door in because he'll be meetin Saint Peter pretty damn quick

Im sorry but i don't believe the military uses the same 5.56 as the rest of the country.

But if you say high capacity clips are over kill you have never seen the hog problem in Texas. Here it is legal to have a specilized helicopters with MOUNTED BELT FEED FULL AUTO just for hunting hogs so I will keep my high capacity mags for the hogs that were in my yard last month.

But thats just this Texan that has no problem bearing arms' opinion on the situation.

Im sorry but i don't believe the military uses the same 5.56 as the rest of the country.

5.56 nato is 5.56 nato. i've had military brass with my calipers on it and it's the same as any other 5.56 and i've loaded it and shot it in a .223 chambered H&R break. load your powder charge alittle lighter than civilian brass and seat your bullet to fit your rifle and it works great

idk about here in Arkansas but in Georgia if you shot an intruder and he lived he had the legal right to sue you for the damages done and medical bills... shoot to kill! not to wound
Not in TN, if they are in your house uninvited they are there to do you harm and have no rights.

I had someone break into my house while I was in Korea and my wife was home. My dog attacked the intruder and pretty much ripped his calf off. My wife held him at gun point till the cops showed up. The cops told her to take my dog to the vet and have his teeth checked out. If any were broken he suggested she sue the intruder. But he had no right to sue over being disabled for life.

actually your wrong... AGAIN. the cases are the SAME length.. the only difference in cases is the Base diameter... the 5.56 is .377 in and the .376 in. AND the 5.56 generally has a thicker case which is where the higher pressure comes from. the DIFFERENCE is in the chamber and leade (throat) of the rifle. The 5.56mm and .223 Rem chambers are nearly identical. The difference is in the "Leade". Leade is defined as the portion of the barrel directly in front of the chamber where the rifling has been conically removed to allow room for the seated bullet. It is also more commonly known as the throat. Leade in a .223 Rem chamber is usually .085". In a 5.56mm chamber the leade is typically .162", or almost twice as much as in the 223 Rem chamber.
You can fire .223 Rem cartridges in 5.56mm chambers with this longer leade, but you will generally have a slight loss in accuracy and velocity over firing the .223 round in the chamber with the shorter leade it was designed for.
Problems may occur when firing the higher-pressure 5.56mm cartridge in a .223 chamber with its much shorter leade. It is generally known that shortening the leade can dramatically increase chamber pressure. In some cases, this higher pressure could result in primer pocket gas leaks, blown cartridge case heads and gun functioning issues

Damn i love proving people wrong

I can copy and paste too but I'll post where I copied and pasted from. Bold wording look similar? Anyway I don't reload I bring my ammo home from work (thanks for buying it for me taxpayers) But I do know you can't shoot 5.56 in .223 chambered rifles. I knew it was the way they fit in the chamber just didn't know the tech terms.
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?1030-223-Rem-VS-5-56mm

223 Rem VS 5.56mm-

There are a lot of questions about these two cartridges. Many people think they are identical - merely different designations for commercial and military. The truth is that, although somewhat similar, they are not the same and you should know the differences before buying either cartridge.

The cartridge casings for both calibers have basically the same length and exterior dimensions.

The 5.56 round, loaded to Military Specification, typically has higher velocity and chamber pressure than the .223 Rem.

The 5.56 cartridge case may have thicker walls, and a thicker head, for extra strength. This better contains the higher chamber pressure. However, a thicker case reduces powder capacity, which is of concern to the reloader.

The 5.56mm and .223 Rem chambers are nearly identical. The difference is in the "Leade". Leade is defined as the portion of the barrel directly in front of the chamber where the rifling has been conically removed to allow room for the seated bullet. It is also more commonly known as the throat. Leade in a .223 Rem chamber is usually .085". In a 5.56mm chamber the leade is typically .162", or almost twice as much as in the 223 Rem chamber.

You can fire .223 Rem cartridges in 5.56mm chambers with this longer leade, but you will generally have a slight loss in accuracy and velocity over firing the .223 round in the chamber with the shorter leade it was designed for.

Problems may occur when firing the higher-pressure 5.56mm cartridge in a .223 chamber with its much shorter leade. It is generally known that shortening the leade can dramatically increase chamber pressure. In some cases, this higher pressure could result in primer pocket gas leaks, blown cartridge case heads and gun functioning issues.

The 5.56mm military cartridge fired in a .223 Rem chamber is considered by SAAMI (Small Arm and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute) to be an unsafe ammunition combination.

Before buying either of these two types of ammunition, always check your gun to find what caliber it is chambered for, then buy the appropriate ammunition. Most 5.56mm rounds made have full metal jacket bullets. Performance bullets - soft points, hollow points, Ballistic Silvertips, etc. - are loaded in .223 Rem cartridges. Firing a .223 Rem cartridge in a 5.56mm-chambered gun is safe and merely gives you slightly reduced velocity and accuracy.

However we do not recommend, nor does SAAMI recommend, firing a 5.56mm cartridge in a gun chambered for the .223 Rem as the shorter leade can cause pressure-related problems.

i copied and pasted because i didn't wanna type all that **** out. a factory loaded 5.56 WILL go into a .223 chamber AND shoot... whether or not it damages to firearm or case is iffy but it does work. you know just enough to make yourself sound like a dumbass and you do a very good job of it

Is there no castle law there?

no clue... not lived here long enough to know. I've just asked a lot of law enforcement and they told me i DO NOT have the legal right to hold at gun point and if someone breaks in to shoot to kill because they can sue for bodily damage and medical bills if they can get away

Law or not if someone brakes threw my front door my chows will **** him up and then with him facing me (by law) I will light him up!!! Plain and simple.

So as far as I can tell most of you agree that an AR15 is NOT a good wet to defend your home/property. If you were a bad guy with a grudge and some mental problems do you think an AR15 would be a top choice to cause havoc (school shootings...). What types of guns are likely to be around to defend you from that nut job in a mall, fair, movie theater? I'd guess a few guys with handguns, maybe a shotgun behind the seat of a truck in the parking lot or a .22 pistol in a ladies bag. It's going to take a LOT more skill and luck to win a gunfight if the bad guy has to ply fair (no AR15 just a handgun or longgun) when he faces one of the angry people that just hapen to be armed. You (assuming your a good guy and not crazy) owning a AR15 will not make you safer because you're not going to have yours with you when you'd need it. Good people will keep them at home in a case unless your out in the country doing some sport shooting. They have no place in the back seat of a Lincoln held by a gangster. Obama is not taking away your right to bare arms, he is removing a bad guys ability to fight unfairly.

What's wrong with taking weapons like that off the streets and restricting them to range or organized sport use? I have to admit I'd love to shoot some of the guns you guys are talking about. But I'll only ever have a chance if I go to a range in the states. If a Crazy bad guy goes to the range and gets out of hand I'd bet he'd be dead in 2 min flat.

The view from north of the border.

Last edited:
out here the castle law is 3 warnings to leave and if they dont shoot to kill or wound but they have to have a wepon and you have to have a threat twards you

Damn that's a fucked up law. By the second warning in the dark they know exactly where you are and will shoot you. TN is the **** with their laws. Castle law here covers your house, garage and your car. But with you car you have to be in the car to protect it. You can't catch someone in your driveway breaking in your car and kill him.

The only crappy law is With a HCP you are can stop any felony that is in the progress of being committed by shooting to kill. You can not give a warning because they may stop the felony and run and you will go to jail for brandishing a fire arm.

So as far as I can tell most of you agree that an AR15 is NOT a good wet to defend your home/property. If you were a bad guy with a grudge and some mental problems do you think an AR15 would be a top choice to cause havoc (school shootings...). What types of guns are likely to be around to defend you from that nut job in a mall, fair, movie theater? I'd guess a few guys with handguns, maybe a shotgun behind the seat of a truck in the parking lot or a .22 pistol in a ladies bag. It's going to take a LOT more skill and luck to win a gunfight if the bad guy has to ply fair (no AR15 just a handgun or longgun) when he faces one of the angry people that just hapen to be armed. You (assuming your a good guy and not crazy) owning a AR15 will not make you safer because you're not going to have yours with you when you'd need it. Good people will keep them at home in a case unless your out in the country doing some sport shooting. They have no place in the back seat of a Lincoln held by a gangster. Obama is not taking away your right to bare arms, he is removing a bad guys ability to fight unfairly.

What's wrong with taking weapons like that off the streets and restricting them to range or organized sport use? I have to admit I'd love to shoot some of the guns you guys are talking about. But I'll only ever have a chance if I go to a range in the states. If a Crazy bad guy goes to the range and gets out of hand I'd bet he'd be dead in 2 min flat.

The view from north of the border.

We need those weapons to detour Canada or china from invading and stop them if they do. We need those weapons to stop a tyrannical government from taking our rights. We need those weapons because it is our right to own them.

So a crazy **** killed a bunch of people at a theater with an assault weapon big deal more people died that day from other murders around the country. Some crazy **** killed a bunch of kids in Sandyhook with hand guns, big deal more kids died that week at the hands of their unarmed parents.

You can't punish the good because of the bad.

Well there are only 562,000 soldiers in the Army and less then that in the Marines. The sad thing about Obama's plans is that he will not be doing anything unconstitutional. Therefore the military will follow orders and protect the united states from all enemies foreign and domestic. 300 million gun owners will do nothing but die if they try to fight our armed forces.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the assault weapon ban (glad I live in TN where they will not enforce it) but all of this talk about civil war and uprising is just childish and gives gun owners a bad name.

BTW I can always get 30rd mags and it will be legal for me to own them even after the ban. LOL.

My web was down because of snow last night. So not up to speed with this thread. But, the GOVERNMENT IS THE ******* PROBLEM. They are perched on their little cloud, with their collective heads up their asses. They DO NOT have ANY idea what it is like to be forced to sit idley by, while someone else fucks up your way of life. I understand that you took the oath, as have many others, including a few friends of mine. But, if the government gave you orders to start killing Americans, and ANY "soldier" follows that order, then they certainly are not patriots in my, and many other peoples eyes. It is the patriots that stand up for the country, and fight back when the "boss man" goes too far. Remember the Revolutionary War? What happened there? That's right the "boss man" (England) went too far, we wanted to be our own nation, and in the name of the United States of America, OUR country, OUR home, WE the patriots, ordinary men and women, fought back against what was our goverment, won, and began our own country to prtect OUR way of life; the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. Now it's the Land of the Fucked and the home of the Opressed. The only reason for the lovely government to give such an order is because THEY fucked up, we know it, and have finally decided to do something about it. The government is the problem, and none of those bastards are an American, or patriot. They are where they are to deepin their pockets, line them with OUR money, and protect THEIR ass. All they want to do is play god. Taking care of the American people is not what they are in office to do. And, if the government is so damn good, why is it that thousands of service men and women get screwed by them once they are out of the service? Friends and customers of mine have medical issues from serving this nation, and get fucked in the ass without lube, when they try to get the medical attention they are promised to receive.

My web was down because of snow last night. So not up to speed with this thread. But, the GOVERNMENT IS THE ******* PROBLEM. They are perched on their little cloud, with their collective heads up their asses. They DO NOT have ANY idea what it is like to be forced to sit idley by, while someone else fucks up your way of life. I understand that you took the oath, as have many others, including a few friends of mine. But, if the government gave you orders to start killing Americans, and ANY "soldier" follows that order, then they certainly are not patriots in my, and many other peoples eyes. It is the patriots that stand up for the country, and fight back when the "boss man" goes too far. Remember the Revolutionary War? What happened there? That's right the "boss man" (England) went too far, we wanted to be our own nation, and in the name of the United States of America, OUR country, OUR home, WE the patriots, ordinary men and women, fought back against what was our goverment, won, and began our own country to prtect OUR way of life; the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. Now it's the Land of the Fucked and the home of the Opressed. The only reason for the lovely government to give such an order is because THEY fucked up, we know it, and have finally decided to do something about it. The government is the problem, and none of those bastards are an American, or patriot. They are where they are to deepin their pockets, line them with OUR money, and protect THEIR ass. All they want to do is play god. Taking care of the American people is not what they are in office to do. And, if the government is so damn good, why is it that thousands of service men and women get screwed by them once they are out of the service? Friends and customers of mine have medical issues from serving this nation, and get fucked in the ass without lube, when they try to get the medical attention they are promised to receive.

I see your point and don't disagree that the government is fucked up right now. But my point is nothing has been done or proposed to be done that violates the constitution or the bill of rights. Therefore any civilian that uprises and takes up arms against the government has become an enemy of the state/domestic terorist. If Obozo were to repeal the 2nd amendment all together or any other amendment then yes the civilians of this country have an obligation to stand up for their rights.

Now that makes some more sense. Certainly sits better then just hearing "if I were given the orders to shoot I would". Lots of circle talking in this thread. lol. I'm just glad I calmed down cause I was worked the **** up! If they want to stop terrorism, they should just resign from office, since not a one of them knows what the hell is going on...

Back