so who's "selling" their guns before the assault weapons ban?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12ga slugs have been proven to travel further through drywall than what a handgun or .223/5.56 NATO round would.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude but whoever uses slugs in a home defense situation is on CRACK, birdshot or buckshot is the best shell for that, and one of the best rounds imo would be the breaching round full of metal powder where all of the energy is transfered to the intial target and the the rest just leaves a powder residue on everything else so less bystanders are hurt

Negative. On so many levels. First off, how do you know that your very own surroundings MAY become a warzone at some point? It's happened before to many people, did they see it coming? No.

I have never once even saw a 30 round 'clip' either, or a 20, or a 10 actually. Never been around too many Mosins.

Yet another post with inaccurate information. 5.56 rounds GENERALLY don't go through a human body, very rarely will they. Bulk of the time, they will fragment upon impact, especially if you have any type of chest rig or plate carrier.

12ga slugs have been proven to travel further through drywall than what a handgun or .223/5.56 NATO round would.
Very untrue. I killed an insurgent in Iraq as he ran from me by shooting his car. It went through the taillight, through the backseat, through the back of his seat, into his spine and we found the bullet in the dash just below the steering wheel.

I can name many other time when 5.56mm rounds tore through people and ended up in **** behind them.

Although one **** head I shot, again as he was trying to run in a car, I shot through the back window and the round went into the back of his head just above center and the tip of the bullet was sticking out of his forehead. That round did not go through and also on the downside that **** head lived. He was the trigger man that killed 5 men in my company.

12ga slugs have been proven to travel further through drywall than what a handgun or .223/5.56 NATO round would.

Yeah dude but whoever uses slugs in a home defense situation is on CRACK, birdshot or buckshot is the best shell for that, and one of the best rounds imo would be the breaching round full of metal powder where all of the energy is transfered to the intial target and the the rest just leaves a powder residue on everything else so less bystanders are hurt[/QUOTE]

I keep my mossberg that is strapped to my bed rail loaded with birdshot. It may not kill the intruder but it will stop him in his tracks to allow me to subdue him and won't mess up my house. Plus it's really gonna hurt when they dig all of that shot out of him.

A militia is no problem I believe there should be one in every town to ward of forgien invaders and to keep our government reminded who really runs this country. But talk of civil war because we can't have high cap mags is just stupid.

Sorry but 5,000,000 hunters don't compare to one fighter squadron each jet loaded with Jdams.

One squadron cant take out an entire state bud sorry. And by the time that happens you have a you have an entire country to control good luck bud.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Plus miliatary use green tip 5.56mm right ?

Yes and no cause we use tracers to. But really the only difference between civilian 223 and 5.56 is a mil in the case length and military uses a different metal I think steel instead of brass. It's harder to reload but is still possible.

One squadron cant take out an entire state bud sorry. And by the time that happens you have a you have an entire country to control good luck bud.

You're missing the point. No civilian has anti air. Us grunts would never have to fight in a civil war, the air force, navy, marine and Army aviators would crush the war in a day.

Look at the unemployment rate. Americans stop trying to find a job when it gets hard what do you think will happen when they are only fighting aircraft.

Yes and no cause we use tracers to. But really the only difference between civilian 223 and 5.56 is a mil in the case length and military uses a different metal I think steel instead of brass. It's harder to reload but is still possible.

They are both brass and both reloadable. The only two differences is the neck length of the case (5.56 is longer which is why it can't be fired in a .223 chamberd rifle) and 5.56 has a higher pressure. If you buy ballistic tip 5.56 or .223 is is the exact same bullet as a green tip.

You're missing the point. No civilian has anti air. Us grunts would never have to fight in a civil war, the air force, navy, marine and Army aviators would crush the war in a day.

Look at the unemployment rate. Americans stop trying to find a job when it gets hard what do you think will happen when they are only fighting aircraft.

then we use our russian aircraft to combat the US military aircraft. *jokingly* or we just throw a pipe bomb into obama's window and all this could be avoided! but no seriously i dont think anybody in the military is going to kill their neighbors because they are trying to combat the goverment

Very untrue. I killed an insurgent in Iraq as he ran from me by shooting his car. It went through the taillight, through the backseat, through the back of his seat, into his spine and we found the bullet in the dash just below the steering wheel.

I can name many other time when 5.56mm rounds tore through people and ended up in **** behind them.

Although one **** head I shot, again as he was trying to run in a car, I shot through the back window and the round went into the back of his head just above center and the tip of the bullet was sticking out of his forehead. That round did not go through and also on the downside that **** head lived. He was the trigger man that killed 5 men in my company.

Quoted for lolz.

I keep my mossberg that is strapped to my bed rail loaded with birdshot. It may not kill the intruder but it will stop him in his tracks to allow me to subdue him and won't mess up my house. Plus it's really gonna hurt when they dig all of that shot out of him.[/QUOTE]

idk about here in Arkansas but in Georgia if you shot an intruder and he lived he had the legal right to sue you for the damages done and medical bills... shoot to kill! not to wound

They are both brass and both reloadable. The only two differences is the neck length of the case (5.56 is longer which is why it can't be fired in a .223 chamberd rifle) and 5.56 has a higher pressure.

actually your wrong... AGAIN. the cases are the SAME length.. the only difference in cases is the Base diameter... the 5.56 is .377 in and the .376 in. AND the 5.56 generally has a thicker case which is where the higher pressure comes from. the DIFFERENCE is in the chamber and leade (throat) of the rifle. The 5.56mm and .223 Rem chambers are nearly identical. The difference is in the "Leade". Leade is defined as the portion of the barrel directly in front of the chamber where the rifling has been conically removed to allow room for the seated bullet. It is also more commonly known as the throat. Leade in a .223 Rem chamber is usually .085". In a 5.56mm chamber the leade is typically .162", or almost twice as much as in the 223 Rem chamber.
You can fire .223 Rem cartridges in 5.56mm chambers with this longer leade, but you will generally have a slight loss in accuracy and velocity over firing the .223 round in the chamber with the shorter leade it was designed for.
Problems may occur when firing the higher-pressure 5.56mm cartridge in a .223 chamber with its much shorter leade. It is generally known that shortening the leade can dramatically increase chamber pressure. In some cases, this higher pressure could result in primer pocket gas leaks, blown cartridge case heads and gun functioning issues

Damn i love proving people wrong

i've reloaded all my life.. i get down to matching my bullet weights EXACTLY and PERFECT head spacing and within 1/10th grain on powder charges. i know my case info ;)

idk about here in Arkansas but in Georgia if you shot an intruder and he lived he had the legal right to sue you for the damages done and medical bills... shoot to kill! not to wound

I believe that is a federal law, not just a state law.

I still don't think this guy is in the military, he would have more respect, and knowledge if that was the case.

Back