Ran the 446

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell ya the truth I didn't even set the end gap on this motor either and stressed over it too, but I called Mickey and he said not to worry, that they make rings with extremely close tolrances today, plus he said he boared the sleeve so chances are it will be right.

Good night dave-o. Yeah, I copy that. It's actually really freaking simple to. All you do is put the top and second ring in the bore and then meaure it the gap with a feeler gauge. Making sure you are within spec.
After running my engine last night I was suprise by how little blow by there was. I mean, before I could feel air coming out of the crank case, now I can just bearly feel it.

I sent everthing to mickey on friday, so he should get it by tuesday. This big mistake is going to cost me.

Well I followed you advice dave... thank god. I had all sorts of **** in the filter but the pickup was fine. I only put maybe 8 hours on it.

Talked to Mickey, looks like it's gonna take a month to get my **** back, he say's he's backed up. This sucks.

I got the weights of the pistons in, the 85mm 366 JE 10.75.1 piston comes in at 291 grams, and 350 grams with pin and clips.
The stock 83mm piston comes in at 287 grams and 354 grams with pin and clips. The stock piston weighs less then the JE but when you add the pin which is bigger then the JE pin, it a few more grams heavier.

I guess that would explain the lower compression as they cut the dome size down a little, which will aid in better flame travel.

Back