quad is all torn apart!!!! *SODA!!!*

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, 1 vote for the polish is good, 1 for the polish sucks, do we have a 3rd vote for the tie breaker?

Sounds like it worked ok for pelphrey, maybe you're not giving it enough time to work?

ANything that says mothers on it is a good quality product...I've had great sucess with a handful of the products they make..

We let it sit on there for 3 mins. which is more then it needed to and rubbed it off hard! Still didn't do ****.

Sounds like that's your problem, polish doesn't work by itself. Just letting it sit for 3 minutes won't do a damn thing, you actually have to POLISH with it. That's probably why warriorspeed's bumper didn't look any better after he polished it.

I guess i'll try it for myself and see how it turns out.

We didn't use it on the bumper, only the plastics. It wasn't aluminum polish, it was plastic. And I honestly don't know how long we let it sit for, Justin probably does though.

It also depends on the shape the plastics are in. Mine aren't scratched too much, and when I bought my front fenders they weren't in "perfect" shape but I applied many coats of mothers polish to them and they looked much better.

Mothers polish isn't going to make them look brand new out of the box again. Just apply be patient and keep working at it. I love the stuff.

well, i dont have my front fenders cut, but from my experience riding at deepwater on friday, they dont really keep that much water and mud off of you. i guess they could if you are just putting through them, but i was in 3rd to 4th gear through these puddles and was getting soaked and filthy. you couldnt even tell that my plastics were blue (because they were brown, covered with mud). i guess the best way to avoid mud and water in the face is to not ride in it, or just pop the front end up before you hit the puddle so your fronts dont shoot the water/mud up in your face. i think the guys on here (correct me if im wrong guys) do it because they like the way it looks (or might help cut down on drag and wind resistance?). if you trail ride a lot through puddles and mud, i would think the front fenders could help more than not having them though.

We didn't use it on the bumper, only the plastics. It wasn't aluminum polish, it was plastic. And I honestly don't know how long we let it sit for, Justin probably does though.

I understand you didn't use plastic polish on the bumper. My point was that it doesn't matter if you let it sit, polish isn't like soap. All letting it sit will do is let it dry up. Polishing involves a little time and elbow grease, not just smearing it on and waiting.

b3f45fe6.jpg

Hate to tell you this but your front wheel bearings are shot.

but looks good, try using mothers polish on a drill with a polishing bonnet for the bumper.

how are they shot, just cause there is dirt on the hub?

That was an interesting statement. How can you tell if wheel bearings are bad just looking at pictures?

Hate to tell you this but your front wheel bearings are shot....

I have to say DSdub, this is the most questionable thing I've seen you post.

Why is it you say this????

Back