My next Project!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so should I be worried about running it?
I was thinking make a bracket to hold the shift shaft up in the correct spot and then epoxy the **** outta the opening for now till I can get a good left case half

before I did the trade we started it and let it warm up for over 15 minutes with no issue and no oil dripping out of that spot plus I rode it around when I got it home for another 10 minutes and still no oil dripping from the hole
that's why I ask
if it wasn't getting oil to the areas it needs it would have seized when it was warming up before the trade

Maybe you should get on a LTZ forum and ask around Ed. Maybe someone has had the same issue.

While waiting for the weather to warm up I decided to start restoring the plastic on the tank cover for the Bear Tracker
Keep in mind this is by hand with a rag and Meguiar's PLASTX gone over it twice so far
if you look at the first pic on the 1st page you'll see how much better it is with only 2 passes.I think if I get a small power buffer I'll be able to get it looking like new again.

So I installed the new intake on the bear tracker today along with the carb and she fired right up runs good sounds like I need to adjust the valves a little but it runs great! Only thing I found out while driving it around was only the left rear wheel has power to it come to find out the rear brake drums splines are stripped but the axle splines are fine so I just ordered an good used drum for it as for the plastics the tank looks great but I have a lot of work to do on the rest so I'm gonna get a small power or air buffer to speed things up a bit (if anyone knows what works best let me know)

It's ALIVE!!!! click on pic for video. Not bad for $200 and just cleaning the carb

Last edited:
Thanks Lloyd now comes all the damn plastic restoring

I also have a bottom end with trans,crank,flywheel and piston with good cases on it's way for the Z

Nice bike for the money, but as far as the plastics are concerned, I have a moto 4 that had plastics in a similar condition. The problem wasn't that they didn't look nice after getting them cleaned up, but even the littlest of branches/twigs broke the corners of the plastics. So I guess just be careful with them or find a way to take the brittleness out of them, maybe a heat gun? I never messed with trying to fix them so I don't really know how to restore them.

yeah I heat them up with a heat gun and then buff em out with the Meguiar's PlastX seems to be working well and the plastics arent brittle they are actually really strong compared to other quads

Cool well I'm glad it's working for you, should be a nice quad once all the bugs are worked out. Those old yamaha's run forever.

Nevermind it isn't old lol, I wasn't thinking clearly... I meant to say the yamaha work quad's run forever. Too used to my moto 4 that looks similar.

We got that moto 4 for free after it had been sitting outside for several years. All it needed was some carb work and one of the wires in the harness was no good. It had two different rear tires, it had to be started with starting fluid, smoked like a chimney, and I'm pretty sure it never has had an oil change cause you just gotta keep adding more lol. It's either an 87 or 89, never checked the vin, but it still runs (kinda) after 5+ years of beating on it. It made a great learner quad for my brothers and me, but now that I got a warrior I think it has earned the right to a full rebuild. Long lives the yamaha!

did a little heat gun action on the bear tracker plastics and got rid of the white oxidation now comes the fun part of buffing

before

after

Back