My next Project!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
My next 2 Projects!

Just picked this 2004 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 up last night needs a carb cleaning and eventually a top end rebuild but not a bad deal at $200
over all it's a really solid machine besides the sun baked plastics it's complete and everything works will be a fun project come spring

Last edited:
if anyone comes across any good deals on some nice trail riding tires for it let me know the fronts are 22-7-10 and the rears are 22-10-10
I'm open to used also as long as they are in good shape tread wise

Well decided to tinker with it a bit so I pulled the gas tank so I could pull the carb to clean it and found the intake manifold boot had separated in half which would explain the high idle when I started it 2 days ago so need to order a new intake boot
carb was full of slimy green ****

Carb All clean,rebuilt and ready

Last edited:
I would get some Powermadds, New grips, A nice seat cover, Shock covers, UNI filter, and a decent set of used tires off ebay and it would completely different. You can make some metal floor boards that are a big thing to do around here with utility quads and paint a few parts.

I would also get a different set of handlebars, I Hated the front struts on my timberwolf but overall it was a tank like the previous guy said.

Last edited:
I have a pair of good front tires on hold from Lloyd
and will be ordering a UNI filter and some new grips for it within the next week
found a really nice seat for it also on ebay

still trying to find a good set of rear tires 22x10x10 or 22x11x10 hit me up if you have a pair

and debating on weather to restore the plastics or possibly paint them(not sure yet)
then eventually I will be doing a .020 wiseco top end rebuild on it
I suppose they don't make a stage 1 HC for it hey?
and it will be getting a winch installed on it also

Last edited:
Ed just restore the plastics man, they may not end up looking brand new but atleast the paint wont pop off or get chipped up..

I actually am looking forward to see this come back to life. I would restore the plastics for time being until I found a nice set on ebay. Overall you cant beat what you paid for it 200 bucks I would have bought it too, and Ed I will keep my eyes open for some rear tires.

Ed, some things to watch out for. The mechanical drum front brakes, and that stupid reverse shifter. You can use the front hyd brakes from a Beartracker. Other then that they are a really good machine. Easy to wheelie, too!

Pat it has the hydraulic disk front brakes on it already and drum rear which works really well and yes the reverse shifter is a bitch to shift into reverse hopfully it's easier while it's running

the carb had a 42.5 pilot jet and from what I could make out a 95 main I believe
anyone know how many turns out the air/fuel screw should be

Last edited:
have another possible Quad coming to me next weekend would be trading my sled for it and it also comes with a full set of Maxxis Razr tires on ITP Baja rims along with the stock tires/wheels

Back