My 300ex

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow!! We forgot to take them. It was dark anyway. We didn't go riding until like 10:00 at night. Honestly, we have only been out twice this year so far and they have both been after dark. If the trade goes through, I promise I will take some pictures. It doesn't look bad at all. The colors were white with red top. Anyway, I apologize for forgetting to take the pictures.

you should be sorry for not taking the pictures damnit! cameras today normally have a flash you know! lol just screwin with ya. sounds cool.

Was cool, but the guy backed out on me for the Banshee. Apparently the 300ex didn't have enough punch for him. I don't know. I am a little upset. I was looking forward to getting used to the banshee. Oh well, maybe I will sell the 300ex for down payment money for a 450r or if I can find a 250r. Hey sk8er, how much do you think I can get for my 300. I am thinking maybe $3,000? Let me know what you think.

just curious, but who said you did? not trying to bust you balls here man, just dont understand what you're saying
holy **** you are right, where the hell did i read that he said i was talking crap about the ex.
i need to change my contacts. sorry about that!!!

Was cool, but the guy backed out on me for the Banshee. Apparently the 300ex didn't have enough punch for him. I don't know. I am a little upset. I was looking forward to getting used to the banshee. Oh well, maybe I will sell the 300ex for down payment money for a 450r or if I can find a 250r. Hey sk8er, how much do you think I can get for my 300. I am thinking maybe $3,000? Let me know what you think.
3000 sounds a little high to me.. id say $2500-2700 just my opinion..... fellow neighbor

okay, to start out, how much did you pay for the 300ex when you bought it? then how much money did you put into it. it seems to me that you have put quite a bit of time and money into it. got a mod list i could look at? i got my 2002 300ex (for the girlie) for about $1500 because i lucked out. this guy had to sell it to pay some bills, so i bought it. freakin steal for that price. it booked out at almost $3g's (thats what the guy at the bank told me when i got the loan). i would find the market value for a 300ex (1994 right?) and then add on the cost of the parts you put on it. labor wouldnt transfer into a buying price unfortunately (i dont think at least) and, just like a car, it depreciates over time and use. check out this link: http://www.nadaguides.com//Values/ZipCod....Sec=3& wPg=1102
might have to copy and paste it, but just enter your zip code and the rest of the info it asks you for. it says my ex books out at $2,010-$2,640, including $40-50 for the "high performance exhaust-atv", but thats about the only option you can really choose on it, since you dont normally put an am/fm radio on a quad (one of the options). best guess i have on looking at the book value is $1500+what you added on to it-a fair depreciation. unfortunately, you probably wont get a whole lot for it. IMO, i would keep it, bore and stroke it (if possible), cam, carb, and ride the hell out of it. possibly race it. they are so damn light that if you put a good amount of power into it, it should be pretty competetive. mine put out (after dyno tuning) about 17.5 hp at the rear wheels with a K&N filter (airbox lid still on) and powercore 4 exhaust system which comes with a new header. if your megamax didnt come with a header, i would sell it and get the powercore 4 system from fmf. its a great pipe and sounds badass! great 4-stroke sound (might even sound better than my warrior! lol) well, good luck on your endeavors and if you need anything else, pm me or just post on here. later

Well, according to that site the low retail price for my 300 is $1,125, plus I have put about $2,000 into it this year alone and it only has 2 rides on it this year. I just want to get a warrior so I can keep up with the guys I ride with. Anyway, it looks like I should be able to easily get at least $2,500 for it. Thanks for the sk8er. I appreciate it. Let me know if you know anybody who would like to buy my 300.

i agree. put the whole thing on ebay or part it out. you can make the 300ex fast enough to keep up with a warrior. the 17.5hp my 300 put out is close (i believe) to what a warrior puts out stock, and it only has intake and exhaust. if you like the 300, keep it, beef it up, and you should be able to keep up. if not, sell it and put the money on a warrior. they are heavier than the 300 though, so keep that in mind.

Yeah well, I am heavier than any other rider! HAHA! I weigh like 300 lbs. I really want a 450. Which is better? YFZ450 or 450r?

not sure. do you want reverse? i dont think either of the 450s have it. are you riding trails or racing? if trails, what kinds? rocky, smooth? what about a polaris outlaw? they have the independent rear suspension and a 500cc motor right? i wouldnt mind having one myself.

Yeah well, I am heavier than any other rider! HAHA! I weigh like 300 lbs. I really want a 450. Which is better? YFZ450 or 450r?
they are both good quads( assuming by 450r your talking about the honda and not the suzuki) in my opinion but just about every one here will tell you the yfz just because this is a yamaha site... and i used to be the same way (aginst honda)... but now its a matter of what your using them for.. they say the 450r's need work on handling and are light in the front end... just like a normal honda but they are both kick ass for power.... and btw.... the suzuki's 450 isnt living up to whats expected of it

Back