i told him

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I agree with replacing something if it shows obvious signs of wear like free play in axle bearings, but I don't see a point in tearing off the clutch cover to check how much life is left in the clutch. That's a lot of work, just to find out that the clutch is still good. My clutch had a hint of slipping for almost 6 months before it got bad enough to make it worth replacing it.

If you call like 12 bolts and a yank of the cover hard work then sure... ::) When you are running high risk/HP performance mods you will want to check periodically the condition of your oil pump/clutch/gears/etc... A failure of some of those components because you didn’t see it coming can be devastating.

removing the bolts is nothing, but the pain in the ass is spending an hour scraping the remains of the gasket off the cover

[quote:q9sjcs56]

i dont know man, he seems pretty funny to me, lmao rofl

screw you!![/quote:q9sjcs56]

If u didnt see my previous posts, before i deleted them, i was helping you and your dad. :mad:

sneeky little bugger he is...hahaha, im sure he was shitting himself laughing the whole time

i enjoyed every minute of it. The little one (warriorspeed) didn't think it was to funny. Oh well, he'll get over it. My dad had a few choice words over the phone but thought it was funny. I'm surprised they didn't figure it out since i was right down stairs the whole time. :p. duh. tay appention old man!

removing the bolts is nothing, but the pain in the ass is spending an hour scraping the remains of the gasket off the cover

If you use good gaskets they stay all intact and u dont need to use another. Also I have never spent more then 15mins scraping a gasket off...

[quote:uk7lgt7q]

screw you!!

If u didnt see my previous posts, before i deleted them, i was helping you and your dad. :mad:[/quote:uk7lgt7q]

Ahhh.... brotherly love

[quote:f75ilkxu]removing the bolts is nothing, but the pain in the ass is spending an hour scraping the remains of the gasket off the cover

If you use good gaskets they stay all intact and u dont need to use another. Also I have never spent more then 15mins scraping a gasket off...[/quote:f75ilkxu]

I've only removed the clutch cover once, and that gasket must have been super-glued on there or something, because I had a hell of a time getting it off.

huh?

Ya'll confusin' me!

Oh well. Guess you're typing faster than I can read again...lol

Back