horsepower

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How disappointing is that. :argh:

Honestly, I don't know that it really is all that disappointing, man. If you figure that a stock Warrior is about 18hp, to get to 25 or 26 with just a filter' jetting pipe & mild compression increase on a stock head & cam isn't that bad. The stock cam is a baby man. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't another 8-10hp to be wrung out of that engine if ya dig for it right. The thing is that @ this point the power begins to cost ya. It's as simple as that, a correctly ported & setup head is Prolly gonna be up around or over $400 after it's ported, new valves springs & retainers, seals, etc. Prolly gonna have $150 in a cam unless ya find a good deal. You really replace the timing chain & maybe the guides. Upgrade the carb & you're in another couple of hundred again, depending on a deal ofourse. It's a snowball man.

Im done with engine work. I might get a cam and some springs but not for like a year. For now I just need a few cosmetics. Bumper and shock covers. Then my bike is done

I have come CF on my bike, and I know right now it wouldn't be as strong as steel.

Latest posts

Back