Horsepower Rating?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???? Please explane I'm new to dynos I under stand how they work and all the sencors just not the out put ratings
look at the bottom of it and see it will tell you all about the run are it is not a good dyno .... it should say the run type and run conditions and humidity and sae

I read some of these numbers and got to scratching my head. SO, I called up the guy that did my dyno. I had some of my info confused. The 33hp that I was told, IS the RWHP. That was the best out of 8 runs, it was run number 6 after he messed with my edle for a bit. His machine and dyno is off by 10 and that is also why he hasn't bother to fix his printer, because the printouts are useless. (as I said, he's workin with some old chit, kinda ghetto too) Anyways, he looked at it again today and it came up as a shade under 33hp to the wheels. Which makes scene right? .70 bore, JE 11:1 piston, .430 cam, open intake (pro flow), Mild port, Edle Carb, Powerbomb header and DMC exhaust. That should, in theory, give me the added 15hp +/- over stock that I have. Right?

I got confused with RW and FW ratings because we got to talking about the differences after He ran my quad. Also I had this done a few years back. Reguardless, I'm going to get a proper cam in my quad and have it ran again at a new and updated dyno place this summer. We'll see if that 33 stays consistent or if my cam change messes with the results at all.

I read some of these numbers and got to scratching my head. SO, I called up the guy that did my dyno. I had some of my info confused. The 33hp that I was told, IS the RWHP. That was the best out of 8 runs, it was run number 6 after he messed with my edle for a bit. His machine and dyno is off by 10 and that is also why he hasn't bother to fix his printer, because the printouts are useless. (as I said, he's workin with some old chit, kinda ghetto too) Anyways, he looked at it again today and it came up as a shade under 33hp to the wheels. Which makes scene right? .70 bore, JE 11:1 piston, .430 cam, open intake (pro flow), Mild port, Edle Carb, Powerbomb header and DMC exhaust. That should, in theory, give me the added 15hp +/- over stock that I have. Right?

I got confused with RW and FW ratings because we got to talking about the differences after He ran my quad. Also I had this done a few years back. Reguardless, I'm going to get a proper cam in my quad and have it ran again at a new and updated dyno place this summer. We'll see if that 33 stays consistent or if my cam change messes with the results at all.

His dyno is off by 10 hp? That doesn't make any sense dude!

What ever the dyno sheet said is what rear wheel horsepower you got, simple as that.

Duncan claim 30-40 percent power increase with:
INCLUDES: Fat Boy 4 Complete Stainless Exhaust, Camshaft, HD Valve Springs w/chromoly retainers, 38mm PE Carburetor Kit (thumb or twist), Jet Kit, Piston Kit, DRI Porting & Valve Job, Pro Flow Air Cleaner Flange, K&N Filter, Outerwear

So to make it easy.. 20x.4=8hp increase.

+15 hp is a 75 perecent increase in hp from 20.
85 percent increase at 17.5hp

If you think about it.. That is a huge increase in power for any engine.

Last edited:
His dyno is off by 10 hp? That doesn't make any sense dude!

What ever the dyno sheet said is what rear wheel horsepower you got, simple as that.

Duncan claim 30-40 percent power increase with:
INCLUDES: Fat Boy 4 Complete Stainless Exhaust, Camshaft, HD Valve Springs w/chromoly retainers, 38mm PE Carburetor Kit (thumb or twist), Jet Kit, Piston Kit, DRI Porting & Valve Job, Pro Flow Air Cleaner Flange, K&N Filter, Outerwear

So to make it easy.. 20x.4=8hp increase.

+15 hp is a 75 perecent increase in hp from 20.
85 percent increase at 17.5hp

If you think about it.. That is a huge increase in power for any engine.

Numbers confuse me lol. I gotta get some damn money saved to get mine on the dyno. And get my carb straightened out, still running like ****. The mid-range on mine feels crazy, low end is a bit lazy but hey cant haved the best of both worlds..... That being said maybe this new part i got coming will help that out!!:evilface:

Numbers confuse me lol. I gotta get some damn money saved to get mine on the dyno. And get my carb straightened out, still running like ****. The mid-range on mine feels crazy, low end is a bit lazy but hey cant haved the best of both worlds..... That being said maybe this new part i got coming will help that out!!:evilface:

20hp x .4 (40 percent) = 8 hp increase.. 8+20=28hp. :)

What new part you got coming!!??

Oh ya srry I had to go into the motor 2 times that month so. I forget I ran the motor with just the piston in it and the piston dosent help as much as having it tuned perfect just saying

I don't know if a warrior with a stock cam and carb just piston only, would make that kind of power on the top end.

As was siad earlier, each dyno reads different. Hell weston you could go back with the same set-up and get below 20. Dynos are really more of a tuning aid than a true HP determination.

As was siad earlier, each dyno reads different. Hell weston you could go back with the same set-up and get below 20. Dynos are really more of a tuning aid than a true HP determination.

THANK YOU!!!!! I've got the read out and this is exactly what was on the bike starting on the intake

-durablue air filter with outer wears and no lid
-38mm carb with 220 main jet needle in the 3rd posion
-wiseco :020 over with 10.25:1 comp
-stock head pipe GYTR slip on exhaust for a rappy 350
- oh and a rm stator cdi (for got about that had it for like 6 years)
-ngk spark plug
-13/40 gearing

If you don't think it can pull that hp then I'm sorry but I'm not lieing that's what it pulled this motor has always been a hot motor for a 350

Latest posts

Back