Horsepower Rating?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPyamaha

Reaction score
The stock hp rating on a warrior is around 16 right? Has anyone with decked out bikes dyno'd theres? What kind of numbers were you guys comming up with?

Stock is arround 17.5 from the motor mine with a pipe carb and folter dynoded at 23.34 with 22.24 ft/lbs of torque haven't had it dynoed in 2 years so idk what its at now all decked out I'm positive its over 30+ horses

I think the Raptor 350 makes 28 to the crank, so about 22hp to the wheels. The Warrior makes less, not sure why, maybe head design?

Deadlast's motor put down 33hp. I wanna get mine on one to see what she's got.
when i had my warrior motor in my quad it was just over 30 hp and that was on race gas i think that is about all you can get out of the motor i dont think that one would ever b 40hp it would b to hard to get that much power out of that motor the biggest power adder you can do is a carb and pipe and most things that you do will only give you 1 r 2 hp and maybe 5hp i have had alot of quads on the dyno that is all i have seeing that is why most good motor kits will tell that it will give 10% r so more power that is what i have found out over the years .... to make big power you need a motor swap and it will b fast but the old warrior i think is the best and it is not how fast you go it is how you do it

If you do all the posibiltys to it electiral timing p&p cams valves and then I'm positive it can break 35hp.... give me about 6 months and I can tell you for sure I've got to redo my motor and all and its going back together full on racing setup

If you do all the posibiltys to it electiral timing p&p cams valves and then I'm positive it can break 35hp.... give me about 6 months and I can tell you for sure I've got to redo my motor and all and its going back together full on racing setup
i had a full race setup on my motor it was setup for flat track and it was done at suters speed shop in madison wi this guy does alot of work with maxxpower they have the ice cube big bore kits that r making the most power on the 450s right now .... and 35 i think that could happen but not much more then that

Last edited:
i had a full race setup on my motor it was setup for flat track and it was done at suters speed shop in madison wi this guy does alot of work with maxxpower they have the ice cube big bore kits that r making the most power on the 450s right now .... and 35 i think that could happen but not much more then that
bc to get 20hp more out of that motor will b hard to do i think the fst kit is only like a 15% gain in power and i think that kit is 1300 just for the kit then all the work that has to b put in to it to get that kit in there that would b like 1000 more with p&p all i was saying is that i dont think you can get 40hp out of a warrior motor it will b to hard to do

If I remember that fst motor puts 46-47hp to the ground
that would b more then most moded 450s bc they r only like 50 if that with full p&p and a pipe and cams a stock 450 is like 30 35 hp to the wheels ..... i have a full race yz426 motor on my quad and it is only 53.6 at the wheels and my quad will walk all over full race 450s

bc to get 20hp more out of that motor will b hard to do i think the fst kit is only like a 15% gain in power and i think that kit is 1300 just for the kit then all the work that has to b put in to it to get that kit in there that would b like 1000 more with p&p all i was saying is that i dont think you can get 40hp out of a warrior motor it will b to hard to do

I thought it was like 45 percent when you add a stroker kit 9.5-10.5mm on the crank... In my opinion anything over 30 hp at the wheels on a warrior engine stock stroke is at the limit. I really don't think there is much more to be had out of her. 2 valve head really holds you back to move the air needed.

I don't think Dave ever did dyno his. I thought it was some where around 45 hp to the wheels Mickey said it should be at.

that would b more then most moded 450s bc they r only like 50 if that with full p&p and a pipe and cams a stock 450 is like 30 35 hp to the wheels ..... i have a full race yz426 motor on my quad and it is only 53.6 at the wheels and my quad will walk all over full race 450s

See that is excatly it my man. You can't argue with the true numbers. Some one can say yeah my 350 dyno's 65 hp and ****. Until you actually get it on the dyno and see you really have no idea.

HA I know for a fact you can get well over 50hp out of a 450 a ktm 450 hits 49 out of the box can ams are at 46 and that's without p&p cam or intake. Exhaust throughtl body mods or a fuel programer and my warrior can walk all over 450s it all depends on the rider

What do you think a Warrior with intake, FST 446, HR Crank, HC2, Exhaust, P&P, and jetting would be at?

HA I know for a fact you can get well over 50hp out of a 450 a ktm 450 hits 49 out of the box can ams are at 46 and that's without p&p cam or intake. Exhaust throughtl body mods or a fuel programer and my warrior can walk all over 450s it all depends on the rider

Honestly dude I ride with a guy that has a pretty much stock 450 yama. Piped jetted and has the lid off. This thing goes, it just keeps pulling and pulling. I'm telling you right now.. My warrior gets ate up alive. It has a fully built motor by Duncan racing, granted I built it and tuned it but still. They helped me with everything.
BTW: we switch riders and same thing. I'm not trying to dog the warrior but it is what it is.

There is no equal.. for high tech head, high compression, race engine compared to the low tech warrior engine. And that is just the engine... look at the frame and suspension.

Latest posts

Back