Horsepower Rating?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46+- 46 is really the max that those 2 valves can do if it was a 4 valve wed b looking upwars of 53+ imo
I have been talking to a guy with a YFZ for sale. It has intake, cam, piston, stock crank, FCR carb, exhaust & porting. It is at 62hp:eek:

See that is excatly it my man. You can't argue with the true numbers. Some one can say yeah my 350 dyno's 65 hp and ****. Until you actually get it on the dyno and see you really have no idea.
i know i have had alot of quads on the dyno and it is harder then what you think it is to make big hp we have a thing called dyno days at a bike shop by me and ppl think they have way more power then what they do when it comes to the dyno and it dont lie

I'm happy with what I got. A shade under 33hp on a stock stroke is nothing to snare at. These simple engines are not meant to be the fastest. I've always liked the warrior because how it rides and how dependable they are, not for there speed or lack there of. Its not about how fast you can get there is how good you look on the way!

That all being said. I'd love to drop in a stroker, but only if I couldn't get my hands on a 426 engine. In my mind, I think that's the ultimate mod for our machines. Now if only we could get bryan to post up some pics............

I'm happy with what I got. A shade under 33hp on a stock stroke is nothing to snare at. These simple engines are not meant to be the fastest. I've always liked the warrior because how it rides and how dependable they are, not for there speed or lack there of. Its not about how fast you can get there is how good you look on the way!

That all being said. I'd love to drop in a stroker, but only if I couldn't get my hands on a 426 engine. In my mind, I think that's the ultimate mod for our machines. Now if only we could get bryan to post up some pics............
i try but it will not let me

and with 33hp that is a fast quad for a warrior and i love them that is why i did what i did with my quad

if you open a free photbucket account, you can just copy the img code and paste them here. That is what I do, makes the pics nice and big. Also still waiting for that motor swap write up.
k i will try that ... and what all would you like to know about the swap my buddy did it all for me and it took him 3 days to get it all done

Hey dude can we see a dyno sheet.. that would be soo cool!

The printer for my dudes dyno machine doesn't work, but I snapped a pic on my phone. Lemme c If I saved it on my compute somewhere.

Quick question, how does rear wheel HP convert to crank HP? Crank is higher then the to the wheels. Difference is about 10 pony's? Sound about right?

Lol dead your try to get that number even higher lol and it has to do with tire pressure chain tension chain type ect. So as far as I know there not a way to check it unless you actually straped the motor to a dyno

i know i have had alot of quads on the dyno and it is harder then what you think it is to make big hp we have a thing called dyno days at a bike shop by me and ppl think they have way more power then what they do when it comes to the dyno and it dont lie
I will ask for the sheet... if I get it.

Lol dead your try to get that number even higher lol and it has to do with tire pressure chain tension chain type ect. So as far as I know there not a way to check it unless you actually straped the motor to a dyno

huh? Not trying anything. My quad had slicks on it durring the dyno, chain to proper tension and its a well lubbed 0-ring chain.

Just wondering if you guys know the mark up from RWHP to FWHP. I know what my dyno sheet says and what my mechanic told me. Just wondering if you all guys agree and/or know the same. A Dyno will only give your RWHP, so goin from what my shop buddy told me, its about a 10hp difference to get your ture crank HP. My RW dyno came in at 22 so my FWHP should be 33. Right?

I know I have the pic of it somewhere. I think it might be on my machine at work, I'll post it up tomorrow.

huh? Not trying anything. My quad had slicks on it durring the dyno, chain to proper tension and its a well lubbed 0-ring chain.

Just wondering if you guys know the mark up from RWHP to FWHP. I know what my dyno sheet says and what my mechanic told me. Just wondering if you all guys agree and/or know the same. A Dyno will only give your RWHP, so goin from what my shop buddy told me, its about a 10hp difference to get your tur crank HP. My RW dyno came in at 22 so my FWHP should be 33. Right?

I know I have the pic of it somewhere. I think it might be on my machine at work, I'll post it up tomorrow.

Sooo yours is only putting 22 to the ground??

The bike shop by my house has events several times a year with a dyno so when i finish building my bike i want to take it down there out of curiosity. I just finish building the engine. Its got a hot rods +7 crank with their wiesco piston. Duncan racing head, port and polished, with their race cam, HD springs and retainers, and 1mm bigger valve. 38pe carb with um racing box no lid, moose racing ignition box. I'm not sure what pipe I'm going to use yet. I should be around 30hp, right?

Back