Horsepower Rating?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I aint saying one way or the other on who right. In the end it dont matter whos got more power, as Ive seen lower power beat higher power.

I aint saying one way or the other on who right. In the end it dont matter whos got more power, as Ive seen lower power beat higher power.

^Word. When i had my 87 warrior, all it had was a weisco piston, k&n filter and shitty DG pipe, stock suspension and i could walk all over the 400 ex's around me. I raced it at a lil local Harscramble and there were 9 out of 14 quads that were 400 ex's. I got 3rd, was real close to getting 2nd. The 2nd guy was riding a piped z400 and the 1st guy was on a 400ex. So alot has to do with the rider. You can have all the power in the world, but you gotta know how to handle it also.

^Word. When i had my 87 warrior, all it had was a weisco piston, k&n filter and shitty DG pipe, stock suspension and i could walk all over the 400 ex's around me. I raced it at a lil local Harscramble and there were 9 out of 14 quads that were 400 ex's. I got 3rd, was real close to getting 2nd. The 2nd guy was riding a piped z400 and the 1st guy was on a 400ex. So alot has to do with the rider. You can have all the power in the world, but you gotta know how to handle it also.

A buddy of mine had a polaris 400 sport and another had a 660 with the big bore. They drag raced and the polaris was ahead until the raptor hit 3rd and then it was all over. It came down to where there power was at in the rpms. Theres just to many factor to add into everything. For my biulds Im not going crazy, but something I know is quick and Ill be happy with.

THANK YOU!!!!! I've got the read out and this is exactly what was on the bike starting on the intake

-durablue air filter with outer wears and no lid
-38mm carb with 220 main jet needle in the 3rd posion
-wiseco :020 over with 10.25:1 comp
-stock head pipe GYTR slip on exhaust for a rappy 350
- oh and a rm stator cdi (for got about that had it for like 6 years)
-ngk spark plug
-13/40 gearing

If you don't think it can pull that hp then I'm sorry but I'm not lieing that's what it pulled this motor has always been a hot motor for a 350

Sorry man it is hard to believe anything you say when at first you said it made 24 hp at 2000 rpm (which is basically not possible on an warrior engine) and everytime we talk about the numbers you dyno'd it changes from stock to cam, piston, carb, exhaust, intake.. and everything else inbetween.
Then you claim that you have over 30.
I am going to call b.s. again on my engine is hotter then other 350's. Ok let's just say you got a good one.. Maybe 10 percent difference in engines.. that's like 2 hp.. Oh man dude look out. :haha:

As was siad earlier, each dyno reads different. Hell weston you could go back with the same set-up and get below 20. Dynos are really more of a tuning aid than a true HP determination.

What would be the point if you are trying to tune an engine let's say from day to day if the hp changes like you say?

That is because dyno's if are using SAE corrected hp should be constant day to day. SO coming back should read the same hp or very close to. That way it is possible to tune.

What would be the point if you are trying to tune an engine let's say from day to day if the hp changes like you say?

That is because dyno's if are using SAE corrected hp should be constant day to day. SO coming back should read the same hp or very close to. That way it is possible to tune.

You get what Im saying though man. Ya day to day it shouldnt change much, but like that link siad not all dynos are SAE corrected. Thats all Im really trying to get at, 2 dynos on the opposite sides of the country will probably not read the same. As an example Im gonna use a automotive dyno, I know of one that a diesel performance shop uses thats been pretty constantly 20 to 30 hp more than others and thats corrected.

His dyno is off by 10 hp? That doesn't make any sense dude!

What ever the dyno sheet said is what rear wheel horsepower you got, simple as that.

Duncan claim 30-40 percent power increase with:
INCLUDES: Fat Boy 4 Complete Stainless Exhaust, Camshaft, HD Valve Springs w/chromoly retainers, 38mm PE Carburetor Kit (thumb or twist), Jet Kit, Piston Kit, DRI Porting & Valve Job, Pro Flow Air Cleaner Flange, K&N Filter, Outerwear

So to make it easy.. 20x.4=8hp increase.

+15 hp is a 75 perecent increase in hp from 20.
85 percent increase at 17.5hp

If you think about it.. That is a huge increase in power for any engine.

Yeah, sounds fuggin goofy to me to man. hahaha. Like I said, this guy had a backasswards setup and rigged machine using some old ass outdated software. ANYways, I'm gunna get another dyno ran on a proper machine.

Just that 22hp over the stock 17 (around there) doesn't seem fair. How can thee companies get away with there claims. Pipe ill give you +5, Filter will give you +3, Carb will give you +5, Ect. All that and then you bore it out and pump up the compression and use better fuel, you figure in your head that you'll be up a significant amount right?

when ibrought up the cam and p&p that was me saying that I have that now and the power increase feels like its going to be around 30 or better I clame to have it I am just being optimistic I hate it when pple don't believe me gosh if you don't believe me come down to texas and ill prove it!! I've got dated reciets on the engin parts and dyno sheet so I can prove it

when ibrought up the cam and p&p that was me saying that I have that now and the power increase feels like its going to be around 30 or better I clame to have it I am just being optimistic I hate it when pple don't believe me gosh if you don't believe me come down to texas and ill prove it!! I've got dated reciets on the engin parts and dyno sheet so I can prove it

I have dyno sheets that says my moped makes 92 hp. :haha:

In my opinion I have to see it to believe it. Besides I have you all beat, my warrior makes 120HP!!.... with a 100 shot of nos.

hold on a minute let me make.... um print one up.. out for you. You want that with or without pretty charts and graphs?

Latest posts

Back