Header glowing red

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let it idle till warm, kill it and pull the plug and look at it, if its white go up on pilot, if its Brown, tan, or black, leave it alone and move the needle clip down a slot
Dont think i stated that mine has a K&N filter and the big gun race exhaust on the factory carb if that makes a difference..

I hear ya guys but its actualy running relaly good, just warmed it up and pulled the plug and its black and just slightly wet on one side the electrode is light in color but not white!!!

I tried to do the wot pull the clutch and cut off at the same time but thats super difficult with the 1st gen cut off switch, when i tryed i just end up reving it up super high,,

See the first gens kill switch is were your light switch is so to pull the clutch in and hit the switch at the same time is realy hard, ill have to try again this weekend thow.

Ok gonna have to try this weekend, cant when i get home cuz its dark and with the big gun on it the naibors will complain!!!

Okay so you're saying I should buy two plugs, check one plug after letting it idle, and the other plug after going WOT and cutting the engine?

Southern you sound like a torn intake boot, crank it and spray starter fluid on the intake boot between the carb and motor, if it revs up, you need a new intake manifold.

Like today I hit a little puddle of water splashed up and my quad just shut off why?

Reminds me of when i did a deep river crossing this summer (water was almost up to the exhaust pipe if i recall correctly) bogged down big time going across, took a while to run like normal once I got across the river. Then when I crossed the river again to go back, it bogged down coming out and eventually shut off and I couldn't get it started again. 5 minutes later it fired right up. I read in one thread that it could be some electrical connections that are getting fucked up when they get soaked with water?

Last edited:
Back